Sunday, March 02, 2008

The return of Ivana Goldtooth

After much wiggling, Elegant lost her third tooth yesterday, which meant a visit from her personal tooth fairy, Ivana Goldtooth. As is the tradition in Jenworld, Ivana left a letter and a dollar in exchange for the tooth:

Dearest Elegant,

Darling! I’m very excited that you’ve lost your third tooth. You must be thrilled, especially since this one took so so so long to come out. I really thought it would come out while you were at Cirque du Soleil today, but it hung there a little bit longer.


So darling, are you getting excited about your trip to England next month? I just love England. London is so exciting and there’s so much to do. You must go to Madame Tussaud’s and see all the wax statues of famous people. Oh, and of course you must stop by Buckingham Palace, which is the Queen’s fancy fancy fancy castle. Well, one of her fancy castles, that is. If you meet the Queen, tell her I said Hello. I am familiar with some of the teeth in that family.


Keep your teeth shiny and clean. I just know I’ll be back soon to see you -- wiggle those top teeth lots and lots!


Love, Ivana Goldtooth

Ivana is certainly an interesting fairy. So much energy. So much enthusiasm. I get tired just reading her letters. But Elegant loves her, which is really all that matters.

And here is what El's new smile looks like:

12 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Is it possible that you are the best mom in the UNOBERSE now? I'll check with my Jack, but I may have lost the title.

Ivana Goldtooth...made me giggle.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Clemson: El doesn't know yet that I'm Ivana, plus I am often the Meanest Mom EVER, so no I'm not the best mom in the UNOBERSE.

Sarah O. said...

The note's worth a million dollars but Ivana leaves only one measly buck? Wow, the going rate when my kids were losing teeth, back in the 20th century, was $5 per tooth. Molars got even more!

Which may explain why we never had the cash to take the kids to England...

Mrs. G. said...

Elegant is so lucky. I never got notes!

Cheri said...

What a lovely smile. Imagine that, El's mom is a blogger and her tooth fairy leaves letters.

Josie said...

You honestly put the rest of us to shame Jen.
Love Ivana and the picture of El's new smile.
Glad everyone had fun last night.

QueenMother said...

I love the letters. I need to do that or at least my glitter aka fairy dust-I just shove money out of there and RUN!

Life As I Know It said...

Wow, what an amazingly thoughtful toothfairy you have at your house!

Our's just shoves a few bucks under the pillow and leaves ;)

Sarah O. said...

I left a not for you in my comments that says that I've been to Jenworld and yes, it's very similar to Boulder. It's cool, sophisticated without being urban and has gorgeous mountains. Mr. Lemony & I went there a few times before kids and love it. Overall, we adore college towns and yours is one of the best!

Vanessa said...

You are fabulous to leave the notes for her, treasured memories in the making!

Sue said...

That is the cleverest thing EVER and I am totally stealing it - a fairy with a personality.

You are SO fabulous.

Bunny Bunster said...

I just know that your kid WILL meet the Queen and tell her Ivana Goldtooth said hello!!!