Tuesday, March 04, 2008

At least she's honest

It is generally not a good sign to get an email from a teacher at 3:20 in the afternoon. When one does come into my inbox, I know to brace myself.

Yesterday I received an email from Elegant's teacher. Apparently El had a hard time focusing and completing her work yesterday. Duh -- it was Monday and it was 64 degrees outside. She was also a little disrespectful when the teacher took her aside to talk to her about her work ethic. Actually, she was more than a little disrespectful; apparently she ignored the teacher and wouldn't look at her, which is a sure sign that Elegant knows she's done wrong but doesn't want to admit it.

When I got the email, I asked Elegant how her day went. She immediately looked suspicious and asked, "Did my teacher email you?" I said that she had and asked Elegant to tell me what happened. Elegant's response was, "Well, you already know everything, so there's really nothing more for me to say."

As you can imagine, there were repercussions in Jenworld. The absolute worst punishment in the world for Elegant is making her write, followed closely by having to apologize or admit that she did something wrong, so last night she had to write a note of apology to her teacher in her very nicest handwriting. The first attempt was not acceptable, as it said, "I am sorry. I did not lissen because I was bored." The second letter was a bit more remorseful.

So hopefully today will be a better day for my girl. What would make it stellar is if she paid attention AND found her glasses, which have been missing since last week.

Sigh...

9 comments:

smalltownmom said...

Hope she finds the glasses!

Sarah said...

Oh, how I have been there with the late day emails from a teacher... I am sure the days will get better. Here in WI we still have PILES of snow so the kids don't have spring fever quite yet

Melissa said...

Oh poor girl. I have so much sympathy because I was hopeless when warm weather came, too. Still am, come to think of it.

barbra said...

This story reminded me of "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse." LOVE that book....

The Guider said...

OMG - how did you read the first version without laughing?

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Barbra: I hadn't thought of that book, but El is a LOT like Lilly.

Guider: I laughed mentally, but outwardly I was trying to be an adult.

The MomBabe said...

Oh, I feel bad for her! (Cause sometimes class is REALLY boring...)

kristabella said...

This makes me wonder if I can ever have kids and be a decent parent. Because I would have a hard time not laughing at that note.

Tell it like it is, honey!

Josie said...

Having lost my glasses, hope El finds them.
As for the spring fever....I heart her...I was not very productive when it hit here Monday :)
I kinda like the first letter....very funny.