Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sen. John McCain called me.

Dear Senator McCain,

Thank you for your kind phone call yesterday afternoon urging me to vote in the primaries next week. The subtext, I'm sure, was that I should vote for a Republican, preferably you, and not any of the evil Democrats who do not believe in family values, baseball, and apple pie.

When I hung up as soon as you said your name, I wasn't being rude, I was simply trying to save your valuable time, so that you could call another all-Dem household in Virginia and try to sway them over to the Dark Side. Good luck with that. Those of us on the side of All That Is Good tend to scorn you and your kind mightily. Even my children dislike the members of your coven.

Although I will say that, if God forbid we do have another four years of Republican mis-rule, you would be a hell of a lot less scary than some of your other opponents.

So good luck with your campaigning. I hope you lose.

XO,
Jen

10 comments:

Family Adventure said...

"I hope you lose."

*snort*

Heidi :)

Melissa said...

You're so politely rude;) I just hang up...on all of 'em. (except the ones who call me in person and that has only been one...)

smalltownmom said...

I had 4 phone calls from Hillary's peeps. Barack didn't call once.

Catherine said...

See, this is why I wish we could register as Dems/Reps in this state. Although it can be good for a laugh when the other side calls. I look forward to "chatting" with Mitt Romney.

Agree that McCain is the lesser evil among his many competitors.

MizMell said...

I'm right there with you on that one!

daysgoby said...

YOU are lovely. And funny!

Thanks for not voting for Wax-Lipped Man.

Lisa @ Take90West said...

I want to know why no one has called me?
I feel a little slighted by the Repubs.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Lisa: I'd be happy to give them your number.

Jan said...

At our house John calls my husband. I've been waiting for a call from Barack, maybe after he's offically a canidate.

Josie said...

The next time I need a tongue in cheek letter to complain abot something, I know who I'm calling :)