Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday musings

Did everyone have a nice weekend?

Mine was great, especially yesterday. The weather was nice and I went for a four mile walk, followed by a whole lot of nothing. Fab.

~

I must be one of 17 people in the U.S. who did not give a rat's hairy diseased ass about that mega sporting event last night. In fact, I can say with complete honesty that I have no idea who played, much less who won, and I am veryveryvery happy in my ignorance.

(No need for anyone to enlighten me here. I'm truly at peace.)

Pete came upstairs from the Jenworld movie theater, where he was watching the game. I asked, "So how's it going?" Followed very quickly by, "Not that I actually care about the game or even know who's playing. I just want to know that you're happy with whatever it is that's going on."

Luckily, he understood what I meant. He's certainly had enough practice trying to figure me out. But, more about that tomorrow.

~

Our town is having a little father/daughter dance this coming weekend. When the girls brought the information home, I scoffed, knowing how much Pete hates to dance. It turns out that he wants to take the girls to the dance, but they don't want to go. Go figure.

~

Two months from today, we'll be on an airplane heading to London!

Yes, I probably will drive you all crazy with my continuous countdown. Just imagine how bad it's going to be when I have eleventy squillion vacation photos to share.

~

Happy Monday everyone!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip so I can experience it vicariously!

Traci Anne said...

We watched until the third quarter, then turned it off, then watched the very end. Personally, I was happier watching THE PUPPY BOWL!!!!

smalltownmom said...

I confess, we didn't watch "the game" either. I enjoyed going to the grocery store with no crowds!

erin said...

GLad to know I'm not the only one who didn't watch the big game yesterday. I have zero interest in football, so even though one of the teams is from my area, I still didn't watch. The best part is that AdAge puts the commercials online, so I was able to watch them this morning instead of having to tune in last night!

I will, however, be checking out the tickertape parade tomorrow morning, since it's going right past my office windows.

Life As I Know It said...

I don't care much about football, either, but I watch the superbowl for the commercials ;) And we were at a party...it was a BIG deal here in New England!

Jill said...

I didn't watch the game either. Don't like football.
Hubby watched the game, and let me know when the commercials were on.
I didn't care who won.
I had the opportunity to spend the entire day prodding 12 yo son to finish the school report that was due last week.
I now know more about ancient Rome than I ever thought I would.

Lisa @ Take90West said...

Happy Monday to you too! Our day started off with me oversleeping, so everyone was late today, but it was so hard to get out of bed on this cold and rainy day!

I watched a great movie during The Game, called The Kingdom...I love Jennifer Garner. I think I want to be her.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that the package arrived on Saturday...Thank You so Much!!! It really made my day when it showed up.

I will get some pictures of it up this week and then announce my own little giveaway!

Vanessa said...

I don't want to know, don't care about that game, but I did watch the puppy bowl. Too cute, too funny, too many laughs and as it turned out, too much barking from my dogs and I had to turn it off.

Sarah O. said...

ACK! I forgot about The Puppy Bowl! Silly me, I watched the Super Bowl just for the commercials. Next year I'll wait to watch them online. And watch The Puppy Bowl live.

Linda and her Surroundings said...

You just enjoy that countdown. Before you know it you will be back home with loads of memories. The anticipation is half the fun!