Sunday, February 24, 2008

February photo 24 -- The weekend in photos

We drove down to my father and stepmother's house yesterday for an overnight visit. It's 3.5-4 hours in the car, so Graceful prepared accordingly:


The trip down was uneventful, except for the repeated requests for food and entertainment.

Once there, the girls were delighted to not only see Grandma and Grandpa, but also Aunt Meredith and Uncle Andy. There was lots of exploring around the house and playing.

After dinner, the girls took a long bubble bath in Grandma's big jacuzzi. They came out smelling like a French bordello and you could almost see the aura of perfume around them.

My sister and her husband are into karaoke -- no, I can't believe she's related to me -- and pulled out their gear last night. Graceful tends to get stage fright, so she watched the goings-on from the back of the room, but Elegant got a seat right up front to watch:


Then she got comfortable:




The singing was done solely by my sister and brother-in-law, with Graceful and Elegant providing backup. They tried to get Pete and me to sing, but we preferred to stay in the audience.


After all that excitement, we went to sleep easily last night. It's just as well, as we had to get up and make the drive back:



Tomorrow is the beginning of another week and there are things we need to do here in Jenworld. As I type, the girls are in their bedrooms using the walkie talkies and Pete's in the kitchen patching a wall. And now I'm off to do laundry.

Thrilling, I know.

6 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Sounds like a good trip away, all in all. Did they use the walkie talkies in the big house??

Heidi

Life As I Know It said...

Looks like fun!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I like your brand of thrilling.

countrymouse said...

I lovelovelove the photos of the girls in the car! Those pictures seem to have captured both of their personalities pretty well : )

Oh--and your audience is demanding more picture of your *darling* nephew!!!!!

The MomBabe said...

Awww, Ginger Pye! I might have to go to the library. Getting all remiss just looking at the title. sniff.sniff.

Melissa said...

Kids and karioke are the best.