Monday, February 18, 2008

February photo 18

While I love my job and love the flexibility of working at home, what I don't love is sending out large mailings:


This one's not so bad. Just 240 postcards and that's it. I'll be done in an hour or two. I have two much larger mailings going out in two weeks and that's just going to suck. 1,500 envelopes to be printed, postage applied, three or four pieces stuffed into the envelopes, and then sealing all those envelopes (my absolute least favorite part of). Then I get to repeat the process for a second mailing.

Granted, preparing a large mailing is nowhere near as bad as cleaning bed pans or lancing boils or plenty of other jobs. Still, it's mind numbingly dull and it takes a serious amount of self discipline to get the job done in a timely fashion. Listening to good music helps, as does talking on the phone while my hands move of their own accord.

I know, my life is just so exciting.

3 comments:

Aims said...

At least you don't have to lick the stamps anymore!

Vanessa said...

I'd actually like a job like that, where I could work from home. Seriously! Is your company hiring?

Lori Anderson Designs said...

Oh Jen. I feel your pain. You don't even want to GUESS how many postcards I send out each year. The fact that my postage bill last year was over $4,000 should give you some idea.