Friday, February 15, 2008

February photo 15

As I've mentioned here before, I work at home. My official home office is in our basement guest room. It's a pretty compact space, but it's efficiently organized.

Here's the view from the door:

I have three mailings going out in the next two weeks, so I've started organizing my supplies. The line of papers across the futon is the eight pages of a newsletter I'm about to have printed. Every time there's a new draft, I lay the pages out consecutively so that I can see the overall effect. My mother is coming tomorrow, so I'll need to move everything so that I can pull the futon out and make it up. Either that, or she's going to have to sleep with Elegant, which means that no actual sleep would occur.

The red poster on the wall? It says "Keep Calm and Carry On" and is a repro of a British poster from WWII. On the wall above the futon, I've framed various postcards, just a tiny portion of the dozens and dozens (hundreds?) we have collected over the years.

And, across from the futon, the alcove with my desk:


Yep, that's pretty much how things normally look. Today, however, I'm planning to file papers and tidy things up. When guests need the room, I store the rolling file rack under the desk to get it out of the way.

So, that's where I work. Not thrilling, but now you have an idea of where I spend part of my days.

7 comments:

daysgoby said...

MUST have one of those posters. Feverishly following link back.

Glad you survived Valentines Day!

Kristin said...

I have the same poster... it's like we're psychic twins!

Mrs. G. said...

I like that cozy desk alcove. And the poster.

Flutterby said...

That reminds me of when I had *my* own room. My computer desk... and a futon so it could be a guest room when we needed it, lol. Then I took out my desk and tiled the counter on the built in double desk section along one wall, added the wine fridge, wine glass racks, a TV and turned the room into my and hub's private bar and lounge. And now it's g-son's room when he's here.

Peggy Sez.. said...

I'm still lovin the daily pics. I based my post today on your fun pics of the JenWorld home office and more. Come by and visit!

The Guider said...

See, if I had that poster here, no-one would care, everyone would be like: "Yes of course that's what we'll do, what else WOULD we do?"

At a tangent, if you are of a "keep calm and carry on" maybe you should squeeze the Cabinet War Rooms into your London visit.

Melissa said...

I love your poster! Ack...a room of one's own...what a blissful thing (except when company calls!)