Thursday, February 14, 2008

February photo 14

Happy Valentine's Day! The younger females in Jenworld are wild with excitement about today. Duh. V-Day is Halloween, part 2. When did it become almost mandatory for children to hand out candy with their little cardboard greetings to their peers?

In a complete role reversal, Elegant did her cards over a week ago and Graceful waited until the last minute:


That said, G did remain true to form. Please note how her cards are very carefully lined up. What you can't see is the list of names she's using. As each classmate's card was completed, Graceful very neatly marked that person's name off.

As for me, V-Day is a non-event. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's just never been a big deal to me (much to Pete's relief). We only recognize it as a holiday of sorts because there are two girls in this house who expect some sort of festivities to go with all that pink and red they'll be wearing today.

How about y'all? Anyone have anything special planned?

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

The only thing we have planned is something I am not supposed to know about, dinner at the Melting Pot. YUM!

The Guider said...

I am very happy to say that in the UK, we don't expect kids to trade stuff, not to the whole class anyway, just to their sweethearts - and it's halfterm anyway so no school!

Me and husband swapped cards this morning and will be having sirloin steak for dinner, at home, tonight, and that's as far as our marking the day goes.

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

We woke up this morning to find out our coffeemaker had bitten the dust. So I guess my Valentine's gift is a new one.

We were at Epcot Sunday night and shared a Napolean at the French Bakery. That was pretty romantic.

Lisa @ Take90West said...

Not a thing going on around here, but the kids are very excited for the mother load of candy they will get at school today.

smalltownmom said...

Our special valentines dinner will be TACOS!

I'll be blogging about my special gifts later!

Happy day to you and yours!

MizMell said...

I have class tonight, so I'll be up to my elbows in motherboards. But JB has ordered me a nice new RED camera bag. Should be here tomorrow.

alison said...

Just me and my girls sharing a pizza.

I did buy them each some small chocolate hearts, which I, with very poor judgment skills, put beside a valentine on their breakfast plate. Of course they read the cards, scarfed the chocolate, hugged me and announced that they weren't hungry for the rest of breakfast. I am a bad mom.

Aims said...

I spent Valentine's Day in my pyjamas on the couch! But I did get a text ..... does that count? xx

Traci Anne said...

Aw, happy belated Valentine's Day!