Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February photo 13

When we were first married, Pete had a variety of different video game systems, which I would list here if I could actually remember what they were. (No need to remind me, Pete.) Some hooked up to the TV and at least one was a handheld thingy. (Such technical terminology, I know.) I would get irritated when Pete would spend an hour or two playing games, because I just didn't get the appeal.

Flash forward to the 21st century. We now have children who are interested in video games. Pete has a Nintendo DS, which I will admit is a pretty slick little package. The girls each got their own version of Nintendogs for Christmas, which they love, and now the other three members of Jenworld have to negotiate who gets to use the one Nintendo DS in our house.

Pete has been playing New Super Mario Brothers lately, which Elegant thinks is just the coolest game ever. If Pete starts playing, it's not long before Elegant joins him to watch. It's almost as good as a movie for her. For me, the best part is watching her. She practically grafts herself to her father and gives him no personal space at all:

9 comments:

Flutterby said...

So it's a kid thing then... I had the idea something was a little *off* with grandson because he thinks there is nothing cooler than sitting next to someone who is playing a video game, whether it's on the computer, anything hand held, or the Playstation or Wii. Me... nah. I don't get the appeal of just watching. Well ok.. Guitar Hero is the exception. But that's mostly listening.

Family Adventure said...

Too, too cute! My boy does the same thing with his older brother!

Heidi :)

Mrs. G. said...

Graft is the perfect word here. This photo says love, love, love to me.

Melissa said...

That's so cute how she sticks by him--like she's cheering him on!

Lela said...

Do you break out the bon bons and wine when the hand held devises come into play? Lol!

Vanessa said...

Oh boys and their toys!

Josie said...

Ahhh, the lure of the Nintendo.
I am ashamed to say that WB has a Playstation 3, a Nintendo DS and Guitar Hero. I don't know how to use any of them :)

smalltownmom said...

"The family that plays together stays together."

My kids will watch each other play games. I don't understand it.

Although I have been sucked into watching them play Rock Band. But mostly I am watching my kids, not the game!

Sarah O. said...

Aww, family togetherness in the 21st century! The Lemony family looks just the same except the kids are older and we hang out cuddled on the couch with our laptops.