Monday, February 18, 2008

Dancing Queen

Yesterday, while inflicting the pain of the "Hannah Montana" soundtrack on our ears, Elegant decided to make up some dance moves. She named them all and carefully wrote out a list as she experimented. Some of the names included "The Bumblebee" and "The Stretch" and "The Rock Star." Mostly, the moves involved running back and forth across the living room.

Here's what it looked like from my perspective on the sofa (and I apologize for the music):

In this one, Graceful is reading Elegant's dance list and trying to figure out which move is being demonstrated.




Then Elegant adds some fancier moves.




After a quick wardrobe change, it was time for even fancier moves.



Alas, that was nearly the end of El's amazing bursts of energy yesterday. By dinner, she was running a slight fever. She put her head down on the table and started to doze off. Pete carried her upstairs and, as we were putting her in bed, she calmly commented that she felt like she might vomit, which she did about five seconds later. Luckily, it was only once, but the fever remains and she's definitely low energy today.


9 comments:

barbra said...

OMG, that was trippy to watch because I've seen the same thing so many times -- except in my house, with my daughters.
I think your Elegant and my Big Girl need to have a playdate -- what a show they would put on. They might have a conflict over who is the director, though!
Hope she feels better soon.

Jan said...

Hoping El's back to herself, soon.

Sarah O. said...

Jeez, everybody's getting sick this week! So sorry.

Hope El's back to her hoppity ways soon.

Mrs. G. said...

I can't get the movies to play. I'll try again later because I love dancing queens.

Badness Jones said...

I hope El gets better soon! I thought Bad was getting sick too, he's had a fever and a runny nose, but he just bit me and I think he's just getting 4 more teeth. That's all I need. A biter with sharp new incisors. Sigh.

smalltownmom said...

The energy is overwhelming! I wish I had a little of that today.

Hope she feels better soon!

(I won't comment on the magazine reading 25 seconds into the second video. You can't hold a captive audience forever.)

countrymouse said...

I *love* that your husband (?) is calming reading with all that activity in the room : ) Hope she returns to herself quickly.

JJB said...

Your girls remind me so much of my sister and I when we were younger. I was always making up dances, and my sister could hardly make it across the living room without doing a forward flip.
Hope El feels better soon!

Josie said...

That energy needs to be bottled and shipped under the darkness of night to me :)
For the fiftieth time - I heart your girls.