Saturday, February 02, 2008

Be prepared

My husband was never a Boy Scout. I find this surprising in light of the following:

We had southwestern food for dinner last night, including salsa and fresh jalapenos. As my husband carried his full plate to the designated eating spot, I noticed that he had something else.

A ginormous bottle of this:

Yep, Tums.

I looked at him quizzically and he said, "This way, I won't have fiery shits tomorrow."

I said, "You know I'm going to blog this, don't you?"

He said, "Go ahead. I'm not ashamed."

And really, I have nothing to add to that.

8 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Hey, you gotta like a man who's prepared. I assume tomorrow is today (ie Saturday) and he'll be home. I am relieved you won't have to deal with...you know...fiery shits (really, is there a nice way to say that??) AT HOME.

Heidi :)

Linda and her Surroundings said...

Talk about organised.

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

Sometimes, there are some things you wish you didn't even know, even if they are about your own spouse.

blackbird said...

well.
He's smart. You've got to admit that.

Melissa said...

I think it's sweet that you married a boy scout:)

Josie said...

Prepared, organised and very descriptive.
Gotta love that man.

Flutterby said...

Well I hate to tell him but Tums are not gonna keep him from getting *the shits*, lol. Well ok... it might keep them from being a little "fiery" but too many Tums will actually GIVE you the.. you know... I guess it's a trade-off, LOL.

countrymouse said...

What Heidi said! Is there a nice way to say that? I think not. I think Pete's description is pretty well perfect : )