Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A prayer to the powers that be

Dear God/Yahweh/Allah/Xenu/the Divine Goddess/Etc.,

Thank you so much for giving me girls. Girls who do not do stuff like this. Stuff that could possibly involve orthopedic surgeons and time spent in traction. Stuff that makes me want to vomit when watching it, because that's someone's baby flying, soaring, and falling.

Because I'm here to tell you that my heart simply cannot handle the stress this would cause me. Really. I will die from worrying.

Yes I know that one day Elegant is going to cause me to go completely gray when she takes up bungee jumping or Olympic trampolining. Or when she joins the circus. Yeah, I'll probably have a stroke over that one.

And yes I know that Graceful is going to be a vet and will have all sorts of furry biting creatures as her patients. And she'll live on a farm with dozens of animals that I'll hate when I come to visit. And she'll marry someone who loves roller coasters just like she does and they'll probably have their wedding ceremony at DisneyWorld and I'll have to spend a fortune on a damn amusement park wedding. That one's definitely going to cause an apoplectic fit.

But if you just spare me for a little longer, I'd really appreciate it. That should give me enough time to stockpile enough pharmaceuticals to get through the inevitable.

Thanks,
Jen

11 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I will pray for you, but I have to say that was COOL!

Sarah O. said...

Thank Xenu my son won't want to do that stuff either. But I can assure you he will LOVE the video. It's that defective Y chromosome thing.

Josie said...

All of a sudden WB's rugby obsession isn't so bad. Although, I can't sit and watch any of his games without routinely covering my eyes.

Fannie Mae said...

I had to put my had between my knees.

shay said...

I have two of each so there's not much hope for me. I'll direct my prayers your way lol.

My oldest son told his grandparents that he's going to be a prof. skater when he gets older. (over my dead body...but I kept that thought to my self)

Jan said...

I have always been glad I had daughters, too. They can be a pain, but I was glad.

I have to say that video is totally bitchin'.

Ree said...

One word. snowboarding.

Linda and her Surroundings said...

My son imagines he would like to do that stuff but as he has twice vomited at the sight of his own blood, it is unlikely he will take too many risks.

alison said...

I am liking having girls also. When I compare numbers of Emergency room visits with my sister, who has 3 now-teenage boys, I definitely realize that X chromosomes rock.

Bunny Bunster said...

This is another reason I'm so glad I live out in the middle of BFE.
However, that video RAWKED!!

Lori Anderson Designs said...

I am very fortunate that my little boy is just like mom, afraid of blood and broken bones.