Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lesson learned

If any of you ever wants to do something nice for your children or some other loved ones...

... and you decide to make rice krispy treats...

... and you get the notion to use colored marshmallows...

... such as one of those bags of rainbow colored marshmallows that all grocery stores carry...

... you should know that the marshmallows do not keep their pretty colors...

... in fact, the colors run together and create a color that can only be described as "puke"...

... but luckily, the puke look can be more or less concealed with M&Ms...

... lots of them.

Just so you know.

You're welcome.

15 comments:

Phil said...

Don't hate me too much, but TAG YOU'RE IT!!.

Namaste.

alison said...

Maybe the puke-coloured ones would stick around longer and the mommy might be able to eat a couple before the rest were hoovered up by the kids.

Jan said...

Thanks for the tip.

Tee said...

LOL That's good to know, thanks!

The Guider said...

Picture?

ElleBee said...

Good to know. Thanks for sharing! :)

Flutterby said...

BTDT. And I a msure I have seen comments elsewhere about it too, lol. Apparently using colored marshmallows for those is something most moms think of at one time or another and find out the hard way it's not such a good idea. I am with Alison though... maybe the kids will shun them, lol... and then just close your eyes and eat.

Life As I Know It said...

ha ha! Thanks for the tip!

Just found your blog today...will be back!

Melissa said...

Oh that is so funny. My friend just did that a couple months ago. Sadly, they were also the fruity flavored marshmallows and even my sugar slut children wouldn't eat the RK treats.

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the heads up!

Josie said...

LOL. Too funny. Thanks for the tip but your implying I bake. Not so.

And love the pink blog :)

Sarah O. said...

Good point! I learned a similar lesson the first and absolutely last time I made play dough.

Lisa @ Take90West said...

Oh, gross! Good to know.

countrymouse said...

I've had a migraine for days. Haven't felt much like reading or laughing. And the thought of marshmallows (and anything made from them) is enough to send me over the edge. Yet this post made me giggle out loud : )

Linda and her Surroundings said...

Puke colour would still get eaten in our house.