Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jumping

Have I got a treat for everyone!

Elegant got a mini trampoline for her last birthday, which she keeps by her easel for her aerobic art. I finally grabbed a 30 second clip of Elegant jumping + creating:

video

She used to just jump and jump and jump and jump and jump, but now she's added that thing where she lands on her knees, so now it's jump jump knees, jump jump knees. It makes me cringe just to watch, but it doesn't seem to bother her a bit.

And can you hear how loud she is? My work office is in the room just below. Imagine what it sounds like down there. Yep, it's loud.

Pete was looking at the trampoline recently and realized that it's not as taut as it was four months ago. No kidding. Elegant has jumped on it every single day since she got it and each jumping session can last an hour or two or more.

And now she's back at it again...

17 comments:

Sarah O. said...

Elegant can already multitask! She's adorable.

I had a pogo stick when I was her age. We were inseparable.

Traci Anne said...

That. Is. FABULOUS!

Lacey Bean said...

Your children are fantastic!

Not that you need any reminding. :)

Vanessa said...

Oh, to be that flexible again!

Kristabella said...

One, the knee jump thing looks like it hurts. And I love how she just stops, doodles, and then starts it back up again.

And the look on her face when she sees you recording her is awesome!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Okay, so I LIVE with the jumping and I've still looked at this clip at least six times. I just realized that you can hear her breathing heavily at times.

Mrs. G. said...

That was a treat!

Josie said...

That is the best video :)
Love your girls.

But my knees are wincing in pain just at the thought...

Family Adventure said...

I love this ... it satisfies her creative and exercise needs, it is good for someone with a shorter attention span. It's nothing short of brilliant. I think I might try it on B boy, actually.

Heidi

shay said...

What a great idea!
I should tell my mil. She loves her rebounder and she loves to paint lol.

what a sweetie!

The Guider said...

Love it. I thought she would be painting while bouncing and I was thinking, very large brush strokes up and down but no...she has a good system going!

blackbird said...

Just showed this to Oldest.
We wish you had invented this when he was small - in fact, he could still use it!

countrymouse said...

What a sweet video : ) I wish I had that kind of energy! (Imagining how great I'd look--and feel!--if I spent hours each day jumping ; )

erin said...

I was definitely cringing when she landed on her knees - but then she noticed you recording, turned and had that huge grin on her face and I started laughing! She seems like such a happy kid - that's awesome!

Melissa said...

That is the most carefree, inventive, joyful child I've seen in a long time. Great work!

Aims said...

Maybe she's come up with the latest self-help technique - how to be creative AND healthy! She must be so fit!

Heather at Grace303 said...

I want one! It looks like so much fun, and good exercise too. :)