Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good/bad

Bad news: I believe I have a stomach bug. Strike that. I KNOW I have a stomach bug.

Good news: It's not the throwing up kind -- my issues appear to be located mostly in my lower G-I tract. Luckily, I don't feel horrible, just blech.

Bad news: My husband is now refusing to kiss me. That's okay, I'm not in a kissing mood.

Good news: Nor am I in the mood to eat, which means I can't possibly mess up my Weight Watchers points today because as of this moment chocolate and junk food sound vile to me.

Bad news: I have a lot of work to do this week because the glee club has a concert on Saturday.

Good news: I have a laptop and am blogging/working from the comfort of the world's greatest sofa.

Double good news: I now claim the sofa for my own and will not be sharing it.

Triple good news: A nap is definitely in my future.

On the balance, I'd have to say that so far this doesn't suck too much.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Naps are good. Get better, fast.

The Guider said...

Oh I had this last week. Started Sunday night, was ill Monday, Tuesday, better Wednesday so went back to work on Thursday to be told: "You look like s**t - can you work from home please?" And I thought I was looking much better! Still, I prefer working from home anyway!

Lisa @ Take90West said...

It is going around our house too...I've been busy with the can of Lysol.
I'm the only one who hasn't caught the virus, but I've been having an asthma attack every time I spray that horrible smelling stuff.
I think I've done my part.

smalltownmom said...

I'm glad there's more good than bad in the situation.

Flutterby said...

I say it's always *Good news* when you are *just sick enough*. You know what I mean... not so sick that all you can do is lay in bed and whine and barf but just enough so that it's ok to lay around and no one messes with you. Or expects you to cook dinner.

Jill said...

You get a nap?
I'm SO jealous!

Tee said...

Hi, I surfed in from somewhere, and now I really wish I was sick. LOL I'll check back in soon to see how you're doing. Get well. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Josie said...

Naps are a wonderful thing :)
Fell better soon and the fact you may or my not have a bug should keep any interlopers off the couch.

Linda and her Surroundings said...

Ah, but I just read your "Preparations" post before this one and know that it did get worse didn't it. And no comfy couch or lovely lap top was going to make you feel better was it?

And it was the throwing up kind of bug wasn't it.

Hmmmm, that last line in this post is not quite accurate is it.