Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Eye popping

I was poking around on Etsy and found something I have to share here:


That, my friends, is a curtain made of over 60 strands of beads. As the artist stated:

Last summer I needed a window treatment for the window over the sink in my deep red kitchen. I wanted something colorful, would give some coverage but would let a lot of light in. I found stained glass and glass bead sunswags on the Internet and started stringing!

I made 68 (yes, I really said 68, and I have room for more!) 18 - 22 inch strands in every color under the rainbow! No two are even remotely alike. The window is gorgeous! I included a picture of my kitchen window in the listing.

We won't be doing anything like this in Jenworld, but I had to share this because it must be so dazzling when the sun comes in the window.

10 comments:

daysgoby said...

Oh, beautiful.

I doubt very much I could get the kids to do that, even WITH the help of Smarties. Not enough candy in the world...

Professor J said...

Love it!

traci anne said...

I think it'd look really pretty laid on top of a colored curtain, either sheer or opaque... but I think I'd blind myself if it were just this between me and the sun! So gorgeous though :)

erin said...

That's really pretty. No way I'd ever have the patience to do something like that.

Flutterby said...

I had always wanted a few sets of the beaded patio lights (ok so they're just gussied up christmas lights...) but they are ridiculously expensive... so I made my own using a thick gauge wire and translucent colored glass beads of all colors and sizes. I will have to get a picture of them. They came out even prettier than I think the *store bought* ones would have! Plus the fact that I made them myself makes me like them even more.

Family Adventure said...

Lovely!

Heidi

Sue said...

They are pretty, but I can't get past the whole 70s flashback thing.

Hope said...

Now THAT is cool!...what a great idea...

Mrs. G. said...

Incredible. It would be do-able if you tried to string one a day...or am I deluding myself? I'm good at that.

Suzanne said...

Very nice, indeed!