Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday randomocity

Scattershotting through my brain, which is clearly suffering the effects of a cold:

Today is the girls' last day of school until January 3rd. No, they're not at all excited about Christmas and their long holiday from school. Pete is taking the same time off too. I'm hoping to do the same, but I have a grant proposal that, while it is due the 31st, I'm hoping to complete by tomorrow afternoon. We'll see what actually happens.

~ ~ ~

We've started the Major Cleaning of our house in anticipation of Christmas. The girls' toy room in the basement has been a disaster for a few weeks, so I announced to the residents of Jenworld yesterday that there would be a Group Cleaning Session after dinner last night. Much grumbling and groaning ensued. After dinner we all trudged down the stairs to do the deed. Surprise surprise surprise! The Cleaning Fairy had sneaked into our basement and put away the eleventy squillion pieces of Playmobil, Legos, etc. and the room was really quite tidy. We soon found out that the fairy was Graceful, who I thought had been playing down there during the afternoon, but had really been busily channeling her inner Martha Stewart.

~ ~ ~

The girls and I had a marathon wrapping session yesterday, so all gifts except for two are wrapped. One of those gifts is something I need to finish making today. And the other? That would be the girls' present for me, which they have not procured yet. I don't know if Pete is feeling the pressure yet, but he should be. (Got that, honey?)

~ ~ ~

Today, the girls have six friends coming over after school for a Grinch Party. We'll be having cocoa, popcorn, marshmallows, and cookies in the kitchen, followed by a viewing of the original "Grinch" downstairs in the Jenworld Movie Theater. Afterward, the crowd will be making Christmas ornaments to take home.

~ ~ ~

And now I'm off. It has been nearly two months since my first attempt at coloring my hair and I'm going for Attempt #2 today. I've been meaning to do it for a few weeks but have not had the time. Today, I am making the time, by golly, as I looked in the mirror last night and noticed some silver twinkling merrily on my head. I'm going with a lighter color, so hopefully I won't be channeling my inner Kelly Osbourne this time.

8 comments:

MizMell said...

I have a dark root rut right down the part in my head. That's what I get for going lighter, I guess. I haven't the time for an appointment with the hairdresser (nor the energy for the 30 minute drive to get there) so I'm opting for some sort of creative "up-do" for the reaminder of the holiday season.
I'm not brave enough to do my own hair.

Mommi Tutu said...

Jen - you rock. I too have secumbed to the hair coloring bug and have channeled much worse than Kelly. I know that pain was wanting to "undo" what you've done! Luckily, we get a little better with practice, so good luck today!!!

Melissa said...

the Grinch party sounds positively charming! how clever are you?
good luck with the hair;)

StLmom said...

And here I am this close to swearing off haircoloring forever. I don't know if I can do it. Please share photo documentation of the new 'do.

Badness Jones said...

I just need highlights. I was looking at some of my hair on the side of the tub (when is my hair going to stop falling out?! The baby is 12 months old for frick's sake!) and I noticed that on the highlighted ones, the top 4 1/2" is brown! Gah! Has it been THAT long since I've had my hair done!?

Yes. Yes it has.

OH - and glad to hear the tigger isn't gonna get it!

Suzanne said...

Can your Cleaning Fairy come over my house?

Flutterby said...

I am planning on doing my hair today too. I finally got tired of all those *highlights*. You should come over. I have fudge. Oh and bring that darling little House Cleaning Fairy with you. She would love my house.

Family Adventure said...

You are letting the kids have a mini party AFTER a cleaning session? Either your kidlets are way cleaner than mine, or you are certifiably too kind :)

Good luck colouring. Can't wait to see.

Heidi