Friday, December 07, 2007

Scheduling my nervous breakdown for 11:07 p.m. Saturday...

The men's glee club I work for is having their Christmas concerts tonight and tomorrow night. The programs and other materials are not yet ready.

The alumni board of this glee club is having a board meeting tomorrow. No one has emailed me their reports, so I have not started putting together the information packets. Nor have I written my own report. Or even thought about it.

There is a pre-concert reception tomorrow at 6:00. The nametags are not done because people are still calling to RSVP, even though the invitation clearly stated they were due last week.

The phone keeps ringing and the emails keep pouring in. People wanting to know ticket information. Alumni board members needing data for their reports. New pledges for our $1 million capital campaign.

I normally work 20 hours/week. This week it will be 50-55 hours.

And here I sit, updating my blog.

Updated to add: Based on everyone's comments, y'all must think I was procrastinating all day. On the contrary, I worked nonstop all day until dinner, when I decided that a break was in order or else I'd be having the nervous breakdown 24 hours earlier than scheduled. Most of the projects listed above were not done because I was waiting on other people to finish THEIR parts so that I could do MY part. After dinner, I worked off and on until midnight, at which point I decided that sleep was more important than doing my job. As of Saturday morning, much printing/copying remains undone, but I'll have it done by noon, come hell or high water.

9 comments:

Peggy Sez.. said...

At least you have your priorities straight...Go jen!

Mommi Tutu said...

I say anyone who didn't want to RSVP in time gets a name tag with their Grinch Name: http://www.yourgeekfriend.com/GrinchName/GrinchName.php

HAHA!

countrymouse said...

blog posting when I have a major truckload of other projects and deadlines that HAVE TO GET DONE RIGHT NOW is my favorite : )

May I suggest, at 11:07 Saturday night, a nice bottle of wine and some good dark chocolate? For your health, of course . . .

Melissa said...

How is it that a massive workload only feels doable after massive procrastination?

Mrs. G. said...

As a woman who is supposed to have 150 dates stuffed with goat cheese and pecans by 4:00, let me just say I am glad you have your priorities in order!

Josie said...

Priorities darlin, priorities.

I feel your pain. Starting Monday I will be working 110 hours over 9 days. I need to be shot :)

Linda and her Surroundings said...

Glad to see your priorities are right!!!

Family Adventure said...

Yikes. Good luck Jen! Hang in there...

Heidi

Sue said...

Oh gosh, I hate days like that. I hope that it goes smoothly today and that you'll be back to calm waters soon. Hang in there!