Saturday, December 29, 2007

Reunion

Graceful and Elegant are back from their vacation at "Club Grand."

To retrieve our children, we met up with my mother at a town halfway between hers and ours. As luck would have it, there's a wonderful children's museum that's more or less convenient for an exchange, and we figured a couple of hours playing there would ease the sorrow of parting from Grandma:



The museum is in an old brick warehouse by the banks of a river. Rising up through all four stories is every child's dream -- ladders, slides, tunnels, and other methods of proving one's mettle as a Climbing Superstar. The girls entered on the ground floor and we really didn't see much of them for a while.

Going up:


Climbing down:


At the top:


Moving sideways:


The stairs light up as you step on them:


When climbing and crawling became boring, there were plenty of other things to do in all parts of the museum.



I'm glad the girls had fun with their grandparents -- we enjoyed our short break from parenting -- but it's good to have the family back together again.

11 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

This looks like a mighty fun day! I love the picture of the girls with Grandma...who looks much too young to be a Grandma.

Badness Jones said...

Wow - that place looks amazing! I wish I could go play there!

countrymouse said...

I noticed there weren't a whole lot of details as to *your* activities during your temporary bout of childlessness ; )

Family Adventure said...

What a cool museum! I'd love for my boys to try that out once...

Glad the girls had a nice time away, but I bet you're glad to have them back home, too.

Great picture of the girls with Grandma. :)

Heidi

Flutterby said...

Ok.. see.. THIS is WHY you don't go bonkers on winter break... you've got someone who takes your kids for a couple days. Mine go NOWHERE but here! Well never at the same time anyway; Gadget is over at a friends house for the night but Mermaid and Gbaby are both here...

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Countrymouse: Thursday afternoon was spent climbing that fucking mountain I mentioned the other day. Friday was spent finishing the fucking grant proposal that I told my colleagues needed to be done two weeks ago. So, no, not a lot of ME or US time.

Flutterby: This sort of parental vacation doesn't happen all that often.

Lisa@Take90West said...

That looks like such a fun place. And the Grandma?? She is not very grandma-looking! I wish she'd take my kids for a few days, I am going crazy with all of them home from school and I still have a week left.
Have a Happy New Year, Jen!

unappreciative bitch said...

Lots of fucking but no sex ; )

How nice that you got that time to finish the proposal without the guilt of not paying enough attention to the girls! Three cheers for Grandma!

The Guider said...

That place looks great - good idea for a halfway swap. We're off to the panto in a couple of hours, with the kid and the grandparents.

Bunny Bunster said...

I want to know the "Grandma's" secret! She don't look like no Grandma I know!!

Lori Anderson Designs said...

so which museum is that? I took Zack to one in Baltimore and he freaked out (not in a good way) at walking on cargo nets.