Friday, December 21, 2007

More randomness

Some random Friday stuff:

Thank you to everyone who told me my girls are gorgeous. I don't post photos of them to fish for compliments, but it's nice to hear it all the same. Pete and I still can't believe our DNA produced two such amazing creatures. I personally am already afraid for when the girls are teenagers and we have to beat the boys back. Unlike Lynn Spears, I will make damn sure that my children are fully conversant on birth control. Preferably, my children won't be having sex at 15 or 16, but that's another blog post for another time.

~ ~ ~

Yes I did color my hair yesterday and then forgot all about it, which is a good thing, as it means I don't look like Kelly Osbourne this time. I found a color that almost exactly matches my natural hue, so I look the same, only without any gray. (Related message to Blackbird: I used only half a bottle this time and still had thorough coverage.)

~ ~ ~

Heidi asked in a comment yesterday how I managed to clean my house and then have a mini party afterward. First of all, the gaggle of girls was not allowed to play anywhere except in the toy room. Second, they didn't play much, as they were too busy watching the Grinch and then having their snack. Finally, Graceful made it clear to her friends that she had worked hard to clean the mess beforehand and that she would appreciate it if they wouldn't trash the place. They did not.

~ ~ ~

No, the damn grant proposal is not finished.

~ ~ ~

As of yesterday, we are now officially celebrating the Six Days of Christmas. ???, you ask. For weeks, boxes of gifts have been arriving from relatives all over the country. It's too much for the girls to open on Christmas Day, so yesterday they were allowed to open their gifts from one aunt and her family. Today, it will be another relative's gifts. And so on, every day until the 25th. The girls love it, but what they don't love is having to write thank you notes every day. Tough. Thank you notes are not negotiable and I even stocked up on cute stationery from one of my favorite Etsy sellers.

~ ~ ~

We're cleaning the house in bits and pieces -- a little each day. Today, it's the bedrooms and upstairs bathrooms. Yuck. My least favorite rooms to do.

~ ~ ~

And that's all I have for now.

8 comments:

Badness Jones said...

You don't have ketchup chips!!?!!

The Princess would die! DIE, I tell you, DIE!!!

That's it Hubs, call it off. We can never ever move to the States until they start selling ketchup chips!!!!

LOL! I'm serious though, sheesh! Poor you!

Mrs. G. said...

Have a great day...despite the cleaning!

Jill said...

What a fun party to have for your girls! My kids have been wanting to do something like that for years.
I told them that we couldn't have a party until they got the house clean.
I feel pretty safe to say there will be no party at our house this year.
Apparenly I am a mean mom.
Jill

Lela said...

Why clean when you can blog? REading blogs is sooo much more fun and relaxing!

Jennifer said...

I'm cleaning my upstairs bathrooms, too. And then I'm done. Out of here for a week, with a clean house to come home to.

Hope you and yours have the merriest of Christmases, with all your dreams come true.

shay said...

You asked them to stay in one place and they did? And they didn't make a mess?
AND they're writing thank you cards?

I obviously suck at parenting all round and I'm still a "mean mom". Go figure lol.

Great photos btw!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Shay, oh I'm definitely a Mean Mom. That's why children listen to me. They're afraid of me. :-)

MizMell said...

Sounds like a good plan. And I admire you for making thank you notes nonnegotiable. A little gratitude goes a long way in this world.