Monday, December 03, 2007

Maybe she'll grow up and be an accountant...

After we put our tree up on Saturday, I went down to the basement and started bringing up the presents I had already wrapped. I arranged them somewhat artfully under the tree and then went off to do something else. Some time later, I came into the living room to discover Elegant, pencil and paper in hand, inventorying the presents and noting how many were for her. I kid you not, she had hash marks for each gift she found.

9 comments:

Professor J said...

This is hysterical! One has to keep track--it is vital that the distribution be fair!

Badness Jones said...

No flies on her!

Peggy Sez.. said...

One for you and one for me..two for you and one two for me..three for you and one two three for me..!

alison said...

Yep, an accountant.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

At least she's only 7 - my 40 year old sister-in-law still does this!!

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

Josie said...

Elegant's my kinda girl :)

Josie said...

Elegant is my kind of girl :)

Mrs. G. said...

This girl is a future world leader for sure...she's all about democracy!

smalltownmom said...

My kids don't do it on paper, but they do keep track. Right now they are 3 for 3 but the older one has just asked for a unicycle, so that skews things. Why a unicycle? I have no idea.