Saturday, December 08, 2007

As previously scheduled, my nervous breakdown...

Okay people, I'm done with the Saturday from hell. The Saturday that followed the Friday where I almost had a nervous breakdown. The Saturday that included the board meeting I organized, the reception I planned, and the concert that I ohthankyougod did not have to perform in, but I surely did a lot of the planning and prep work for.

And after all that planning and preparing and scheming and whatnot? I had to go to all of those damn events and BE NICE TO PEOPLE. Believe me when I tell you that I didn't have a whole lot of NICE left in me by 10:00 a.m. Saturday when I left the house, much less 10:45 p.m. when I got home again. But there was just enough left in my reserves that I was charming and polite and all that shit to every single person I met. ALL DAY LONG. Hell, even you folks would have liked me and y'all know what I'm really like.

And it was worth it too, because my bosses think I walk on water. Okay, maybe not walk on water, but I don't splash too much when I walk.

Oh, and the concert? Was UH-MAY-ZING!

10 comments:

The Hotfessional said...

yaaaaaaa! I know you're just so dainty that there's no way you could splash much.

Mrs. G. said...

Good work, my friend. These sorts of social marathons can take it out a girl. Hot bath and good book for you.

Family Adventure said...

Yeah! Congrats to you for doing all the hard work and SURVIVING :)

Heidi

LOL --- "but I don't splash too much when I walk."

Peggy Sez.. said...

Yes, but did you do all this in heels? Just kidding..We knew you could pull it off with your usual style!

MizMell said...

Stress is absolutely awful!
Glad its over for you and you survived.

Suzanne said...

Good for you! I hope that you can relax today and bask in the glow of a job well done.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Peggy: YES! I was wearing great shoes with heels.

Mrs. G: As if. We're off to another town an hour away today for family fun with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. No rest, unless you count the nap I'll be taking in the car.

Mommi Tutu said...

Rock on sista! But we all know this is just SOP for a woman, right? :) Have a heavenly nap in the car!

Lela said...

Who said we're actually touching the water? I like to think we hover over it!

Suzanne said...

Hooray! You made it!

Welcome to my life, pretty much 24/7. Which explains a lot of the bitterness and resentment I express on my blog.

Hey, a girl's gotta vent somewhere, right? ; )

And now it's back to the basement, for more grantwriting. Whee!