Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The aftermath

Today:
  • Go for a long walk alone (three miles) -- check
  • Daily weight check -- check, with a little happy dance
  • Clean the kitchen and put away serving dishes from yesterday -- check
  • Do two loads of laundry -- in progress
  • Run the vacuum -- check
  • Have the girls sort through their new toys and books and bring some order to the disorder -- in progress (and they're not happy about it)
  • Thank you notes (myself and the girls) -- not yet
  • Continue work on the grant proposal due by the end of the week -- soon
  • Relax and enjoy some of my new books and CDs -- soon (and for most of the afternoon)
I love Winter Break.

4 comments:

Linda and her Surroundings said...

Isn't it nice how housework is always there waiting for you. I don't mind all that after Christmas as I have days off and can do things without feeling rushed.

Sue said...

Look at you, all productive and virtuous.

I'm not worthy.

countrymouse said...

I tried to be motived to take a good long walk today (as I somehow got out of that habit a couple weeks ago) but couldn't quite muster the wherewithall . . . Good for you though : )

I do, however, have two new books that are *dying* for my attention : )

Lori Anderson Designs said...

I've enjoyed two days of all the men in the house vacating for four or five hours to give me time to make jewelry and watch CSI! Woo hoo!