Sunday, November 04, 2007

Weekend photos

Graceful continues to enjoy soccer. This is from yesterday's game (red player in the middle):

I wish I could report we won, but it was the opposite. Not just a loss -- a shellacking. It turns out that the other team's coach used to coach a high school varsity team and took them to State one year. Somehow, having a formerly quasi-pro coach a rec team doesn't seem right to me.

After the game, we had fun and games with the boy:


He seemed to think that Aunt Jen's camera was a toy that should be shared with him. As if. And while I'm at it, I'll let him drool on my cell phone too. At one point, I was on the phone with Mr. McGrabbyhands' grandmother (aka my mother). I held the phone up to Micah so Mom could hear him, and he seemed to take it as a personal invitation to communicate with Grandma Ass by breathing heavily into the phone and chewing on it.

Like I always say, it's a shame none of us love that baby at all.

12 comments:

blackbird said...

WHAT a cutie!

Family Adventure said...

Oh, he's lovely. I was just writing about my baby fix today, too. Isn't it wonderful to have these little nieces and nephews?

I'm glad that Graceful is enjoying her soccer. It's a great sport for keeping active. Too bad about the score, but, honestly, do the kids really care all that much? My experience is not really. And that's how I like it :)

Heidi

Kristin said...

It is a shame... that baby looks miserable!

Flutterby said...

OMG he is just SO ADORABLE!!! Grandma Ass... I assume there is a story behind that, lol. I miss having a baby around already and my Gbaby is just barely out of baby mode. Ok so he's 4... but it seems like just all of a sudden he went from baby to communicating human and it's just not right. I need a little one to borrow once in awhile.

Mooselet said...

Sparky's rugby team had a perfect record this year - didn't win a single game. We got used to it.

Clive wants to drool into my phone as well. He seems to know the difference between my boring phone and his Elmo phone and which would cost more to replace.

smalltownmom said...

I recognize that sly grin as he reaches for your camera. Many pictures of my younger son as a toddler show him dashing toward the camera with a fierce look: he was yelling "Camera, Camera!" and trying to grab it away from me. Now at age 11 he is a good photographer, so your sweetiepie may have a great hobby or career ahead of him!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Flutterby: Grandma Ass's real name is Alice, but Graceful couldn't pronounce Alice properly when she was little. And my mother loved being called Grandma Ass. So much so that my sister's husband still addresses her as "Ass" and does so as a term of endearment.

Linda and her Surroundings said...

I love the trees in the background of the soccer oval.

Oh, you should let him use your camera, lick the mobile phone for how else can he learn the fine art of sharing.

Mrs. G. said...

I just keep coming over here and seeing pictures of this poor kid who gets NO attention.

Kellan said...

He is a cutie and I love that last line! Sorry Graceful didn't win the game - hopefully next time. Have a great day.

Badness Jones said...

Sweet baby! I find that letting the babes play with your various bits of electronic equipment is a great way of getting the new ones you really want sooner! "Hey Badness? Where are you? Wanna play with mummy's cell phone...?"

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Mrs. G.: I know, it's a real shame that we have to fake our affection for my nephew.

Kellan: Luckily, the girls don't really care if they win or lose, because I think they've won only two games this season. Note that I said "I think" -- even I'm not keeping track.