Monday, November 12, 2007

Photoshopping my weekend

I was all set to do a photos-only post about our Sunday, but then forgot to actually, you know, take any pictures.

Not to worry! I can still recreate our day using photos I found online and I think you'll still get the feeling for a Sunday afternoon in Jenworld.

Enjoy.

My in-laws came to visit this weekend:


Pete's father and stepmother are really great people whom I enjoy hanging out with. Very interesting, very nice, and always fun to have around.

(No, they don't read this blog, so I'm not trying to suck up to them. They've known me almost 20 years, so I'm thinking their impressions are formed already.)

We had a lazy morning and then Pete made a large breakfast of hash browns and eggs:


Again, not a photo from my actual house, so just take out that steak. I think that eggs and hash browns alone is enough of a "heart attack special." Plus, Pete adds bacon and cheese to our hash browns. Now that I think about it, a steak would be healthier than all that bacon and and cheese...

Elegant ran a slight fever early in the day:


She actually felt fine and it was more my intuition than anything that led me to check her temperature. So she and Graceful played happily all day:


Pete and his parents went for a walk on the trail near our house:


Substitute my in-laws for the children and Pete for the black lab, and you get the idea.

I napped on the sofa:


The only differences were that I wasn't reading and we don't have a green sofa. Oh, and I don't routinely walk around the house nekkid.

We went to see friends who live in the country and were having a small party:


We ate a lot of great food and hung out with various friends and had a terrific time. These friends live on a farm, so our girls enjoyed running around, chasing chickens, petting horses, and all sorts of good clean fun. Well, not so clean, I made the girls take showers as soon as we got home and Pete and Graceful will be cleaning cow manure off her sneakers tomorrow.

We watched a movie in the Jenworld Theater:


And then the grandparents tucked Graceful and Elegant into bed and the girls went straight to sleep:

It was a really nice day. How was your Sunday?

17 comments:

Family Adventure said...

That does sound like a lovely day.

Mine was lazy - cleaned up after a party, played with the kids (who had multiplied to 4 due to sleepovers) and celebrated father's day here in Norway!

Heidi :)

Linda and her Surroundings said...

How nice that your In Laws are not Out Laws! What a busy weekend. I love weekends that are just nice.

Happy Working Mom said...

How funny!

It sounds like a great day!

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a great Sunday! Ours was considerably duller -- we went to look for a new front door, and, umm, that's about it. Oh, my sister-in-law came over for dinner. And that's really it.

Badness Jones said...

Love it! We were lazy lazy lazy. But that's how I like it. We had friends stay over Saturday night, and there was talk of a little spouse swapping, because I had coffee made by the time anyone else got up and friend's hubby cooked breakfast...I'd do anything for a man who makes breakfast!

blackbird said...

http://mydinnertable.typepad.com/home/images/fried_chicken.jpg

btw - that's not my photo either.

hello darling (formerly hello sunshine!) said...

Can you FedEx those hash browns? ...just asking.

Also, um, I LOVE your photos *laugh* That is FABULOUS! Google Images=love.

Professor J said...

Looks like a great day!

The Hotfessional said...

Very clever. And it does sound like an extra special nice day.

Bunny Bunster said...

I got woke up by a thunderstorm.
Did you know that when you are staying on the 17th floor of a hotel, you are a lot closer to the lightening? Yes, you are! ZAP! Boom!
I went shopping with my sister. She did't buy anything, I got the bestest dressy Christmas/Holiday season outfit of Black Velvet ever. Plus the Coolest Shoes!!
I spent way too much, but I don't care.

Josie said...

Sounds like you had a perfect Sunday:)
Mine involved a shopping trip from which I am still trying to recover.

Mrs. G. said...

I had to go back and read the beginning. I'm like: Jen's father-in-law is Paul Newman, my secret boyfriend number three? What a small world. But then I realized the photos aren't actually your family. Honestly, sometimes it takes me a while.

Sounds like a nice day. I stayed in my pjs all day which, in my book, is heaven.

smalltownmom said...

Nice day. I hope your father-in-law really looks like Paul Newman! Mine does, when he's dressed up.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

All: Okay, so my in-laws do not in any way resemble Paul and Joanne. Just as Pete and I do not resemble Brad and Angelina. Sigh...

Oh, and if Pete sees this comment, he will surely remind me that he thinks Angelina is incredibly unattractive and he does not lust after her in any way. 'Cause it's the truth. He really does not. I, however, think Brad is HAWT!

smalltownmom said...

There's a first grader at my school that is sooooo cute...I swear he looks like Brad Pitt at 6 years old. I have a Mom crush!

smalltownmom said...

Did you see the photo today where
Brad's hand is covering Angelina's butt because supposedly her tight shiny pants split? What a gentleman!

MizMell said...

Sounds like fun!

Momo and Pop came to visit. They visit every Sunday and we talk about all kinds of things around the kitchen table. Then Pop helped me plant a magnolia tree.
JB and I had a salad for dinner.