Monday, November 26, 2007

Manic Monday

Wow, I was SO NOT READY for today. Too much fun over the holiday weekend and then -- BLAM -- Monday snuck up behind me and goosed my dimpled white ass.

Luckily, I woke up a little early and was able to get my mental shit together, because I knew it was going to be tough getting all the residents of Jenworld moving and out the door together. We somehow got through it without any yelling or tears. Must have had something to do with the chocolate milk and extra vitamins (two holiday colored M&Ms) we offered the girls with their breakfast. This girl, however, did not have any extra vitamins with her so-healthy-you-could-puke breakfast.

The next three weeks are going to be insanely busy at work. The choral group I work for has two Christmas concerts on the 7th and 8th + we have an alumni board meeting on the 8th + we're having a pre-concert reception for alumni and friends that very same day + we just found out LAST WEEK that a grant proposal is due on December 31st. Oh yeah, and then there are all those other tasks that are just part of my job.

So I'm working as diligently as I can today, with short breaks every hour to take care of stuff around the house. Like throw in a load of laundry. Or running the vacuum in the living room while some documents are printing. Or blogging during my quick lunch break. With any luck, I'll get just about everything important done by 3:00, when school lets out, just in time for me fold laundry, supervise homework, sweep the kitchen, cook dinner, etc.

It's pretty sad that I'm already looking forward to the Christmas break!

8 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh I'm looking forward to the Christmas break too.
After thanksgiving, I just become very lazy... must be the turkey!

Professor J said...

I KNOW. Four days simply isn't long enough. Congratulations on your great weight loss! You rock!

The Hotfessional said...

Hey, you had time to decorblogerate for Christmas!

:-)

Family Adventure said...

Oh I know what you mean...after our trip away last week, Mon through Wedn, I remembered life without school and homework, and it was bliss.

Hope you get your stuff done.

Heidi

Josie said...

Love the blog changes for the Holidays.
Hang in there, the Holidays are right around the corner.

MizMell said...

Hallelujah, another holiday!
The last one just about did me in, but I'm game. Make a list, Miss Jen, and cross them off like all us OCD people.

Mrs. G. said...

Where can I buy some of those vitamins? Yum.

Happy Working Mom said...

I'm with you...yesterday was hard! I hope you got through it OK!!!