Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I bought new sneakers today...

... and I can now inform you all with complete authority that "Asics" sneakers are MOST CERTAINLY NOT pronounced "ass kicks."

Consider this a public service announcement and learn from my error.

I bought some Brooks running shoes, which is my third pair by them in as many years. Maybe next time I'll buy new ones BEFORE I walk a hole in the sole, which I found on Sunday when I went for a walk in the rain. Someone should invent an odometer that tracks how many miles you've put on a pair of sneakers and then a bell rings when you hit the 500 mile mark. I estimate that I put around 700 on that last pair.

7 comments:

The Hotfessional said...

Haven't tried Brooks, but I love LOVE my asskicks. And they are TOO pronounced that way.

:-)

Hope said...

I used to run in Brooks. Very good for the mama feet. New Balance are, too. Very good for those with the knee pronation aka run like a duck thing. Unfortunately, I wear a size 10. No matter what I wear Tony calls them the Queen Mary. Good luck with the running!

That Chick Over There said...

*snort*

MizMell said...

700 miles? WOW!

Nothing like a comfy pair, though.

Family Adventure said...

Wow, you should be proud of yourself! 700 miles is quite the accomplishment.

I still swear by my ass kicks :)

Heidi

Linda and her Surroundings said...

At least you wear them out which means you are moving. I wear Puma which I am not sure if they are sold in US or not.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Mizmell and Heidi: I walk a lot, more now that I'm trying to lose weight. 1.25 round trip five mornings/week to take the girls to school. I often add another more to that and take an extended route home. And on the weekends, I try to do 3 miles each day of the weekend.