Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!


I woke up with a start at 7:15 morning, which is the time that the middle school bus comes down our street.

No school today.

I smiled happily and decided to doze a little longer.

~ ~ ~

A piece of trivia for everyone today:

What popular Christmas song was originally written for Thanksgiving?

Jingle Bells. Originally called One Horse Open Sleigh, it was written in 1857 by James Pierpont for a Thanksgiving program at a Boston Sunday school.

~ ~ ~

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Try not to eat so much that you're regretting it tomorrow. ;-)

11 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Interesting little tidbit there. I would never have guessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy!

Heidi

Flutterby said...

LMAO I do that sometimes too on holidays. Jump straight up out of bed thinking OMG!! They're gonna miss the bus!!

Josie said...

Hope you, Pete and the girls have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

alison said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm coveting your turkey (Canadian Thanksgiving was last month and having to wait til Christmas for more seems unfair). I think we're having pizza tonight. Enjoy!

Badness Jones said...

Well that's good, because the Princess is already singing it non-stop....

TX Poppet said...

Wishing you and yours a peaceful, joyful Thanksgiving.

Aims said...

oooh thanksgiving! While turkey is thin on the ground here, I think I'll manage a bit of cranberry...in juice form with my vodka tonight. Giving thanks that my willpower is good, and that summer is here.
love to your family.

Suzanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jen!!

Hope everyone in Jenworld is enjoying the holiday.

I am thankful for you. In more ways than I could express in a blog comment.

Thanks for being you and being a part of my life!

hello darling (formerly hello sunshine!) said...

Dude, I'm a little ticked off that I CAN'T stuff myself tonight - because homegirl has to work tomorrow. THAT'S RIGHT. I'll be one of five people there. Heaven help the receptionists of the world ;)

Anyway. Happy Turkey Day!

erin said...

Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you and your family had a great day!

I am going to the gym tomorrow. Assuming I can roll myself out to the car.

So much food. So little willpower.

MizMell said...

What about "Over the river and through the woods?"

BTW: Deep fried turkey rules!