Wednesday, November 28, 2007

From Jamie Lee to Renee

I had a hot date with the Hair God today. When I walked in, he handed me a magazine and his very first words were, "THIS is what I'm thinking we should do to your hair."

THIS?

Gulp.

THIS was a Harper's Bazaar photo spread of Renee Zellweger and her fierce new haircut:



[pause]

Yes, I know you're laughing. I did. Look like Renee? Is Richard the Hair God on crack? I could NEVER EVER look that constipated, even if I really were.

I kid, I kid. She's a lovely woman, even if she does make that funny face for photos. You know, the one that makes her look like she seriously needs to go poo and she's really straining.

Me? I look like I ATE Renee. Plus, I'm not blonde, not even close, and never will be. Nor am I that cute, so cute that hunky British men want to rescue me and buy me expensive gifts.

But Richard has given this some serious thought and spent some time looking for photos to illustrate his vision, so we're going to grow my hair for a few months and see how it looks. I admit I love the way Renee's hair is layered up the back. Of course, this means Elegant and I would have mother/daughter hair styles, but I can live with that. It's not like I'm going to buy mother/daughter outfits from Lilly Pulitzer.

With any luck, by the spring I'll be down to just one chin again, so the hair style won't be so ludicrous on me.

Oh, and Richard did not notice that I messed with my hair color and I most certainly did not confess anything to him. In fact, I'm due to color it again, so I've been waiting until after today. I'll probably do it this weekend and am aiming for milk chocolate this time, not dark chocolate.

Let's see, new style, new color.... How else can I just totally fuck with my hair?

14 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Sooo....any pictures of this new fabulous do?!?

It looks rockin' on Renee (and btw I totally know what you mean about that uptight look she sometimes sports)

Heidi

hello darling (formerly hello sunshine!) said...

You sound like me :) My most recent short cut actually looks kinda like hers - at this point though, I'm just dying for hair that's longer than shoulder-length!

The Hotfessional said...

I wish I could cut my hair like that. I can't show the back of my neck, though.

I liked her better when she was Bridget Jones and had some meat.

melissa said...

that hair do kicks ass, you could totally rock that! Can't wait

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Heidi: Since my hair was as short as Jamie Lee Curtis' just eight weeks ago, all Richard could do today was get the hair off my neck and then shape things up a bit. So, no, it doesn't look anywhere close to Renee's yet.

Mrs. G. said...

I'm going to have to disagree strongly with this post, because I know for a fact that you are cute.

Flutterby said...

I always thought she looked like she was trying not to fart. I desperately need a haircut. I need my own hair guy. But all I get around here are hair twinkies. They made Mermaid look adorable. I always hate how mine comes out.

Anonymous said...

Hate her, love her hair!

clemsongirl :)

Linda and her Surroundings said...

Renee has a rather twee and uptight look. Kind of like she saw me do something bad or gross.

If I had my hair done like hers I would need more hair product that is available to keep it under control. She has someone to do her hair each day. Half her luck.

MizMell said...

I started fucking with my hair last month when I turned 49.. I am now blond and I see no end in sight.

Plus, you've been tagged. Check it out on today's post.

Happy Working Mom said...

I can't wait to see the progressing pictures!!!

Suzanne said...

I love that hairdo (and the color)! How cool that your hair guy has a vision for you. I need someone like that.

Josie said...

Oh the vanity of the hair.
I change the colour of mine every 5 weeks or so, out of boredom and the need to cover a significant amount of grey.
And I need a hair god....

Aims said...

Post a photo! I bet it looks cool! I also got a funky new 'do whilst in Wellington - when I left the salon I looked like an updated version of Posh - now I look like a scarecrow. Have got to learn to brush my hair.