Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Better than seeing Huey Lewis when I was 15

We have big plans tonight, my man and I. We're going to the Police concert and I can't wait.

No, let me rephrase that:

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT!!!!!

Yep, I think that accurately captures my mood right now.

My preparations are complete:

Tickets for Pete and me and Melissa and Rich -- check

Responsible childcare lined up for Graceful and Elegant -- check

I went to the bank and withdrew a large sum of money to pay for the aforementioned sitter -- check

I went to Tar-zhay and splurged on new jeans that make my doughy white ass look pretty damn good -- check

Contrary to my previous plans, I did not purchase any lingerie to toss at Sting's feet. He's been sounding a bit arrogant in interviews lately -- okay, for a long while now -- and thus I have decided he is not worthy of my affections, or at least not at panty-flinging levels. If this were Duran Duran, it would be an entirely different matter.

(Sting's been off my freebie list for years, after I discovered that he believes deodorant is optional. I, however, do not, a fact to which Pete can give testimony.)

I'll just have to find some other way of embarrassing Pete. I'm thinking that by merely dancing, I'll manage just fine. Alas, I am afflicted by "Republican Rhythm," for which there is no cure.

And on that note, as it is still the middle of the night here at Jenworld, I'm going back to sleep for a few hours. Gotta rest up and conserve my energy.

11 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Have a FANTASTIC time. I agree with the Sting = Arrogance thingy, but there is something...mmmmm...hot about him all the same. I can't help myself!
So I will be awaiting a full report tomorrow! No scrimping on the details!

Heidi

Badness Jones said...

Hmmm Heidi....hot + no deodorant?

Have a FAB time! I'm so jealous. I'm stuck here with babies and the last concert I saw was....I don't know the last concert I saw!

Suzanne said...

Ooh, I saw them over the summer. They were terrific! And for all his arrogance, Sting makes for some fine eye candy during the concert. Have a great time.

MizMell said...

Let's hope the only Republican thing you have been afflicted with is the "rhythm."
Hope you have a great time at the concert!

Jennifer said...

I'm incredibly jealous. And laughing at you posting this at 3 something A.M.! I saw the Police live some 20-odd years ago, but I have a feeling they've improved heartily with age.

Throw the rock horns up for me one time!

Flutterby said...

Sooo.. I am guessing that flashing the boobage is out of the question too then huh? Or you could toss a deodorant onto the stage... just a thought.

alison said...

I am *totally* jealous! I would love to go see Sting and the boys. Party for me too, wouldja?

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Mizmell: I can promise that the only thing Republican about me is the rhythm, or the lack thereof.

Jennifer: I was posting at 3 a.m. because I was once again awake in the middle of the night. Some nights are just like that. I promise to throw some rock horns in your honor.

Flutterby: While flashing The Girls to Sting is tempting for some, I'm going to keep mine under wraps.

Alison: I'll party extra hard in your honor.

Josie said...

I'm sorry, deodorant is optional? In which universe darlin? I mean that's a line no one should cross...

erin said...

HOpe you have a fantastic time at the show!

Mooselet said...

Well of course Duran Duran is a different thing, although you'd be better off tossing some eyeliner up.

Hope you have a great time!