Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wipe out

So if you were to fall one morning whilst walking your children to school ...

a fall caused by merely stepping on a small piece of wood that rolled under your foot on the smooth pavement ...

a fall so spectacular that remaining on your hands and knees on the ground is almost preferable to actually having to move your battered body to get up ...

a fall so hugely painful that your husband has to help you up ...

a fall that makes hamburger out of one of your knees ...

... well, you can expect to hurt like all holy hell for at least 36 hours after the event.

If such a thing were to occur, that is.


[Updated, in order to spare my mother's heart: I'm fine, really I am.]

12 comments:

countrymouse said...

Oh no!!!!! I am officially terrified of ever falling again since the last clumsy, stupid little fall caused a painful dislocated elbow . . .

I do hope you (and your pride) recover quickly! (And isn't it sweet how tender a hubby can be when his beloved is hurt : )

MizMell said...

One thing I have learned in the past five years or so, is that I don't quite heal as quickly as I once did.

Ouch! Try some ice gel packs and Aleeve (if you fell, that is).

Linda and her Surroundings said...

Oh dear - at least you were not wearing a dress which ended up over your head at the same time!!! Hope you feel better now.

blackbird said...

You poor thing.

Happy Working Mom said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad to hear you're OK! What was the first reaction of the girls? Did they laugh or immediately make sure you were alright? I have to admit I probably would have laughed :)

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

HWM: There was stunned silence at first. Then a moment to assess if I was really injured or if it was just my pride. Then, some rueful chuckles as Pete pulled me off the pavement.

Lisa@Take90West said...

At least you weren't in the parking lot of Target and cars came to a screeching halt and an employee in a bright red shirt came rushing over to see if you needed an ambulance while all the perfect looking moms stopped to stare. Because that would really be embarrassing.

Not that I would know.

Lela said...

Oh owie! I am cringing at the thought of you having to pull pants over that knee. Cause you know you aren't going to be advertising that baby with a skirt or shorts!

Flutterby said...

Well it's a darn good thing you didn't really fall. Cause that would totally suck.

nejyerf said...

ouch!!

is it too weird to ask for a picture of the injury?

after all, i posted one of the bruise on my bum.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

nejyerf: No, I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to post any photos of my yucky knee. But I will you give you this visual: Shrek bandaids. They make things a lot better.

The Hotfessional said...

Ouch~! but I bet you looked wonderfully balletic going down!