Saturday, October 20, 2007

So very tired

It's a good thing it's Saturday and that we don't have a lot going on today, because I don't think I'm going to get much done. Right now, even a shower seems ambitious.

Pourquoi?

Well, first Pete and I stayed up late watching TV last night.

Then I started reading the sequel to this, per Lori's suggestion. I read until 2:30 a.m. You know, the middle of the night, when I should have been asleep.

Then after that, I thought I'd do a little poking around the internet. You know, research the important issues that simply could not wait until the light of day. Such as the history of the McDonalds of Scotland. And since Aims told me that McDonalds -- she and I are both of that clan, so to speak -- are descended from Robert the Bruce (important dude, but only a minor character in "Braveheart"), oh what the hell, I thought I'd just read up on that too. Then, I thought I'd find a new genealogy software, since the program I have is on an old computer stashed somewhere in our basement and since it's too old to be moved to this computer. Because I've been thinking about doing more digging on my father's family, the McDonalds from whom I am descended.

Yeah, so I did all that until nearly 3:30 a.m.

Because none of this could have waited until a time when the sun was shining.

So now I'm sitting here, working on a Mommy Caffeine, wondering how many it's going to take to get me moving today.

A nap is definitely in my future. A long one.

5 comments:

The Guider said...

I'm feeling the need to teach you to talk Scottish.

We'll start with a simple one, given your surname.

Loch Lomond - pronounced Locccccch Lowmund

Errapolis (there's a police officer) - pronounced eh ra poe liss

This one needs two people:

Gauny no do that? (Will you stop bugging me?) - pronounced go knee no do that

How (in what way am I bugging you?)

Just gauny no! (Just stop it, even by talking to me you are bugging me)

Let me know if you wish a second lesson!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Guider: Too funny! Yes, I'm feeling my Scots roots, as opposed to my English ones, today. Not that I'll eat haggis or drink whiskey...

Lisa@Take90West said...

You need to sleep, you are crazy!
Hope you have a great nap!

The Guider said...

OK then, Scottish lesson number two!

Scotch whisky

Irish whiskey

Don't do it again!

PS: My children, despite their inate Englishness, have been trained to participate in my gauny no do that!

alison said...

Haggis really isn't that bad, you know. Especially if you've had a few whiskies (whiskys?) beforehand.