Thursday, October 04, 2007

Too late

Yesterday I went to pray at the altar of Richard the Hair God.

(For those of you new to Jenworld, read here and here to get up to speed.)

So there we are, chatting away, while Richard is working his magic. Nearing the end of the session, Richard takes a moment to look at my hair in the big mirror. He stops, tilts his head, and I can almost see the gears turning.

Then Richard says, "Girlfriend, I think we're going to let your hair get a bit longer."

WHAT?!?!

In case you've never met me, let me give you a quick visual of how my hair generally looks:


I don't look like Jamie Lee Curtis, and my hair is brown, but this is otherwise a pretty decent representation of my hair for many years now.

I said, "Richard! You just cut off all mah hair!"

(Yes, I was so surprised that my southern accent slipped back in a bit.)

Richard replied, "Oh sweetie, I know, but I'm thinking we could do a chunked out bob here and ..." His hands were moving all over the place as he talked, generating idea after idea.

I agreed we'd talk about it when I'm next in -- BEFORE he starts cutting.

8 comments:

Flutterby said...

I need a *Richard* to do my hair. Along with the cabana boy and the margaritas, I'd be set.

Valley Girl said...

So did he mess up your hair?

Jennifer said...

Valley Girl: Nope, he did the same marvelous job as always. He just decided AFTER THE FACT that he'd like to try my hair longer. He's adorable, but probably should have thought of it BEFORE the cut. Because now this is going to be on my mind for weeks.

SavingDiva said...

You're so brave! I wish I could get the guts to do something amazing with my hair. I've had long layers for so long...I did try the side swept bangs for a few months about a year ago...and I'm still paying for it (growing out bangs is horrible)!

Josie said...

Umm...we have the same haircut, only I don't have a *Richard*.
I want a Richard.

Dana said...

My hair is just like yours and I finally found the hair boyfriend to give me the Jamie Lee cut a month ago. Unfortunately, he is not only $50 (or possibly more I had several things done) but he is also 4 hours away.

I just found your blog today through Canned Laughter and I am adding you to my reader as soon as I get done with this comment!

Linda and her Surroundings said...

This is what happens when you trust a guy with a pair of scissors........

Sue said...

Short hair is awesome, but the whole growing out thing? ((Shudder))