Saturday, October 13, 2007

To my mother: You missed a great day

Today was a typical Saturday:
  • Cleaning house
  • Doing laundry
  • Graceful had a riding lesson.
  • Elegant had gymnastics.
  • Graceful had soccer.
  • Then I had to run an errand.
The difference today was that I did those last three things with this guy on my hip:


See what a nice aunt I am? I even let the little dude play with grass while his cousin played soccer.

Oh, and here's the soccer girl (#3):


The Red Dynamites were not the winning team, but we don't care. We had fun and it was a beautiful fall day.

Getting back to the boy...

He's eating food (mush, really) now, and today was the first time I fed him:


No, he's not a natural red head. That's the carrots.

Clearly, I'm out of practice.

I had forgotten how messy the stuff is, plus Mr. McGrabbyhands kept trying to "help" me get the food into his mouth faster. If I could have fed him his veggies via beer bong, we all would have been a lot happier.

After he ate, I had to clean myself, the boy, and his carseat. I also had to strip him down and re-clothe him from top to bottom. He's squirmy and fast. I took his diaper off, turned to one side to grab a clean one, and looked back at the boy, only to discover a very naked little ass crawling away as fast it could go.

He's a happy boy:


And his cousins love him too:


Somehow, I managed to not take a single photo of my other daughter today. What is wrong with me?

We also made up a new game called "Where's Micah?" See if you can find him:


It's a shame we don't love him more.

6 comments:

Linda and her Surroundings said...

And at the end of the day, you had to give him back....

MizMell said...

Yep, it's abundantly clear you don't give the young man enough attention.

Lisa@Take90West said...

I'm thinking the JenOnTheEdge house needs a little boy of its own!

Kristin said...

"Where's Micah?" is a wonderful photo!!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Lisa: I'm pretty sure we've hit our kid quota in Jenworld.

I was so tired yesterday from all the baby stuff that, when the boy took a nap, I took one too. After everyone left, I collapsed in bed and slept until well after 8:00, which almost never happens.

Flutterby said...

Linda, I usually think of *the end of the day* as *GETTING* to give them back, lol. You get to have all the fun with them and then they go home. I am a grandma who babysits; whenever I miss having little ones around, I always remind myself they'll be baaaack.
Jen he is SO ADORABLE!!!!