Monday, October 22, 2007

Sign #17 that I need to get a life.

[With apologies to my brother and sister-in-law, because I just couldn't help myself.]

Dear Aunt Jen,

Halloween's coming. My first one ever! I'm so excited. I get to wear a costume and have all the wild fun that a seven-month-old baby has on Halloween.

The problem is that Mom and Dad aren't letting me be COOL. They want me to be CUTE. This is what they got me:


A freaking penguin!?!? Are they shitting me? This picture is going to come back to haunt me, I just know it.

My cousins are going as Star Wars characters and I want in on the action.

THIS is what I want to be:


You see that? That is one bad mofo. No one calls Vader cute. (Just like no one puts Baby in a corner -- but that's another story.)

I even let my sticky fingers do some research. Here's where you can buy my costume and save me from ignominy.

Help me Aunt Jen. You're my only hope.

Love,
Micah

[And, just for shits and giggles, here's another recent photo...]


12 comments:

countrymouse said...

Nobody ever called Darth Vader cute until *now*! That baby Darth costume is freaking adorable!!! Then again, baby *anything* would be cute . . . baby Freddie Kruger . . . baby Jason . . .

Mrs. G. said...

You need to send this little studlet a cool costume...maybe the constrution worker from the Village People...very macho.

Linda and her Surroundings said...

It is like having a doll really. The things I have put my son in - I feel a bit mean about it. Still, at the time he was sooo - cute!

Flutterby said...

Please tell me he doesn't go trick or treating though... with a bag and all. That always bugs the crud out of me, lol. Open the door and there is some twinky butt 12 year old mom with the 6 month old in the stroller all cutied up (poor thing) and mom holding *his/her* trick or treat bag. Like that little baby is gonna eat the Tootsie rolls I have. I have started getting things just for babies and you wouldn't believe the looks I get from some of them! The moms that is.

Lisa@Take90West said...

I think he should be Vader...he would look awesome.
With the first baby though, it's always about the cute, fuzzy costumes.

alison said...

He's more Yoda-sized though, isn't he?

Lela said...

Wow, he has quite the advanced vocabulary...

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Alison: He may be Yoda sized, but he has all the hubris and bravado of Vader.

Lela: I know, it's just amazing that he was able to get himself over to his mother's laptop, login in, type the email, and send it to me. I'm just so damn proud of him.

The Hotfessional said...

I love it. "Help Me Aunt Jen. You're my only hope." Hee!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Hot: I'm taking it for granted that everyone gets that line, plus the "Baby in a corner" one.

Interestingly enough, one of the college students I work with used the "Help me" line on me this morning.

Lisa@Take90West said...

Just wanted to let you know I answered your questions over at my blog today.
Thanks for playing along, I had fun!
It was like an interview for O magazine or something!

lisa

Josie said...

That is by and far one of the cutest costumes ever.
Auntie Jen better step up to the plate...