Friday, October 05, 2007

Four by four by four...

Flutterby has tagged me for this meme.

4 jobs I've had
During my FOURTH year of college, I worked FOUR jobs at the same time: I was a guide at Monticello, I interned in the university's career planning office, I had a babysitting gig at a church, and I worked for a free rides service.

4 movies I could watch over and over
Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Tremors (so campy, but so great), The Princess Bride, and Four Weddings and a Funeral.

4 TV shows I watch
Scrubs, House, Office, and Reno 911. See here for more.

4 places I've lived
I was born in Roanoke, Virginia and did most of my growing up there, but during the ages of 1-4, I lived in: Seymour, Indiana; Anderson, South Carolina; Tarboro, North Carolina; and Kingsport, Tennessee. I have never returned to any of these places since then.

4 favorite foods
How about my four favorite food groups: chocolate, deep fried, au gratin, and ala mode.

4 favorite colors
What? Black, light black, dark black, and deepest black don't count? Okay, how about cobalt blue, black, ruby red, and emerald green?

4 places I'd love to be right now
London, Paris, Auckland, and Sydney

4 names I love but could/would not use for my children
Hamish, Fergus, Angus, and William. (I only have girls, to start with. Plus, the first three names are Scottish, which wouldn't go with a German last name. And William has been used so often in my family that I couldn't jump on that train.)

So I'm tagging the following: Patience, Hotfessional, Josie, and Grace Ellen.

5 comments:

The Hotfessional said...

Oh, thanks for giving me something to write about today!!!

Dana said...

Four jobs during your fourth year? You were a busy girl!

Jennifer said...

Dana: I was an impecunious student. I worked four jobs in order to pay for food, utilities, school supplies, etc. I did a lot of juggling that year -- four jobs, a full course load, writing my thesis, interviewing for 'grown up' jobs -- but it worked out okay and I got my highest grades that year.

nejyerf said...

love hamish and fergus

and can i just share that if we ever have a baby and she turns out to be a girl we are going to call her bertha?

what?

it's a good solid german name and it goes great with our last name.

Flutterby said...

ROFL I LOVE your choices for foods! Tremors... we have the whole set, lol. And Princess Bride is a CLASSIC; So is Ferris. I am... ok never mind.. I won't do that. It will be stuck in my head the rest of the day.