Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ennui

What to do while printing 1,256 envelopes:
  • read blogs
  • wrap Christmas presents (only because I need more space in my secret gift hiding spot)
  • read more blogs
  • tidy my wrapping paper and ribbons and whatnot
  • comment on blogs
  • mend
  • read new blogs
  • straighten my office
  • read more blogs
What I didn't do while printing 1,256 envelopes:
  • clean the mess of papers and files on my desk.
What I wanted to do while printing 1,256 envelopes:
  • take a nap
I had to stay close to the printer because the envelope tray only holds 25 at a time. Yes, you read that correctly. At least the printing is done. Now I get to stuff 1,256 invitations to the choral group's Christmas concerts. Yes, I know I could farm this out to a mailing service, but I've had some quality control problems and would rather do the job myself and know that it's been done properly.

7 comments:

Flutterby said...

If you want it done right... do it yourself. Well that's what they say anyway. I don't know who *they* is but I am sure they've never had to print and stuff over a thousand envelopes before...

Family Adventure said...

"Yes, I know I could farm this out to a mailing service, but I've had some quality control problems and would rather do the job myself and know that it's been done properly."


... PLUS you had time to read and comment on blogs! I'd say that was well worth it :)

1256 invitations, though! How many concerts is that!?

Heidi

Hope said...

I completely understand the whole quality control/perfectly presented opportunityto read and comment on blogs...heck it's practically guilt free...

Suzanne said...

Wrap Christmas presents? Oh my gosh. It is my dream one day to be that organized.

erin said...

That is a LOT of envelopes. I sure hope you had a damp sponge to seal them!

Linda and her Surroundings said...

You Blog Hog!!! I hope you did not have to LICK the envelopes!!!

Lisa@Take90West said...

Wrap the Christmas presents???

They are bought before Halloween???

It's official...you are my idol.