Friday, October 05, 2007

Do you feel the love?

TXPoppet has bestowed upon moi an honor:

And then she said the nicest things about me:

I chose her not just because I really do love her blog, but because she is able to express small tender moments with her daughters in a way that really touches my heart. She makes me want to grab my wee poppets and just hold on to them for dear life. Thank you for that, Jennifer.

So clearly I haven't been blogging about all the times I've locked the girls in a closet or beaten them with cat o' nine tails or made them beg for their dinner on street corners or scrub the bathroom floor with their tongues.

(I kid, people, I kid.)

Of course, one of my daughters, who shall remain nameless, except to say that her name begins with an E, did have an early bedtime last night AND she lost her computer time. So I'm not winning any parenting awards from her right now. Then again, she did throw a pencil at me. And the point hit my face. I'm fine.

Anyway, merci beaucoup to TXPoppet for sharing the love with me!

So I'm looking at all the blogs I read, trying to decide if I have a favorite. And I don't. It's like my children, I love them equally, just in different ways.

But, there's one blogger who's really made me smile this week and it's the blogger who may have used the fewest words in the process. And that's Blackbird, who has had some beautiful photos this week. And a couple of funny ones too. And who has reminded me many times in the past month that life is what you make of it. There's good, there's bad, there's sublime, there's agony. But it's all part of what your life is supposed to be.

12 comments:

blackbird said...

hey thanks Jen...
I have to say that I do love the way you write about your girls - I love the way you parent them. You have amazing insight...

Josie said...

Congrats Jen!!

alison said...

What? The closet thing is wrong?

Just kidding too. I've only been reading you a short time (found you through Josie), and I think TXPoppet was right on the money to give this to you.

Dana said...

Congrats! And, now I am heading over to Blackbird's place!

Valley Girl said...

Awwwww!!! That's so nice. =)

Jennifer said...

Blackbird: Thanks. I parent them in the only way I know how.

Alison: Thanks for stopping by. It's always nice to have new folks to chat with.

Lisa said...

Your blog is a fun place to visit...congrats on your award!

Suzanne said...

You definitely deserve it! Way to go!!

Kristin said...

I puffy heart your blog too!

Alice said...

oh, I just so agree, even if I don't always post, I do read quite often. While I don't always get along with my mother, it's nice to remember the fun times we had together when I was young and also aspire to be a conscious and thought full mother like you...thank you.

Linda and her Surroundings said...

You do deserve it. Your blog is always full of kindness and good humour.

MizMell said...

Congrats! I read your blog for the very same reason... it reminds me of my previous life with my now grown young ladies.