Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Roxanne...

[scream]

These fine British gentlemen are coming to my town in November:


[more girly screaming]

Pete and I are going with Melissa and her husband.

We didn't get 'panty flinging' seats because they were $227 and that's just fucking ridiculous, especially since I'm going to have to pay for a sitter for the girls.

All the same, I might go to Hellmart and get some cheap thongs, just in case I do get close enough to land one at Sting's feet. Maybe I'll get some granny panties too, since they have more heft and I can get them to fly greater distances. I'll bet he's never had great big ol' bloomers thrown at him.

Melissa thinks this is an excellent idea.

Our poor, poor husbands. They have no idea what they're in for.

[fade out, with continued teeny bopper shrieks of excitement]

4 comments:

Aims said...

Ooh I'm going to them in January in Auckland! FUN! You'll have to let me know what you thought!xx

Josie said...

You will have an absolutely fantastic time. I went to see them here in Toronto at the beginning of the summer.
Awesome, awesome concert. And while I had panty throwing seats (early bday present) I didn't throw mine.

Linda and her Surroundings said...

You shall have such a good time. I had to laugh though, here "thongs" are what we wear on our feet in summer and I did wonder why you would take a pair to a Police concert to throw up on stage - then realised what you meant when granny panties was mentioned.

Jennifer said...

Squeeee! How exciting!! I saw them about 20 years ago, way back in the proverbial "day". We had fourth row seats and I walked on air for weeks afterward. There can be no doubt they are better at their craft now than then. I know you'll have a blast!