Sunday, September 16, 2007

Perfect

Today was the perfect day for all the residents of Jenworld.

Pete and Elegant went to an amusement park today and came home happy and worn out. They had a good day together and it was nice for them to have some father/daughter time.

Graceful, however, did not want to go to the amusement park and opted to stay home. I had planned to use today to get a jump on my week at work, but her presence dictated otherwise.

One of G's best friends come over for a few hours and I took the girls to lunch. After lunch, while the girls played, I puttered around the house. I harvested basil again -- probably the last of the year. I now have plenty of basil paste in the freezer to last the next nine months or so. I baked bread and made stew for dinner, which everyone inhaled upon sitting down at the table.

It wasn't all chores this afternoon. I also read the Sunday paper, finished a book, and started a new knitting project.

It was a good day.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds great!

I'm already looking forward to next Sunday, when I can stay in my pajamas all day if I damn well please.

The Guider said...

I am remarkably envious that you can grow basil. I can keep a pot going on the windowsill but that's it. Other herbs grow fine, basil just needs more warmth than our climate provides.

TX Poppet said...

I have the exact opposite problem as the guider. It's way too hot to grow basil here except in the dead of winter. If I had any sense, I'd preserve it for the summer. Thanks for the reminder.