Sunday, September 09, 2007

No rest on Sunday

It's Sunday. A good day to rest. Especially after the busy week I've just had, culminating in Elegant's party yesterday.

Instead...

... I got up at 5:15 and took Crazy Aunt Laura to the airport. We miss her already.

Did I go back to bed after my trip to the airport?

No, I came home and worked for a few hours. Then I swung by Whole Foods to pick up muffins and scones, then moved on to Starbucks for copious amounts of coffee.

My ultimate destination was the university, where I had a day-long retreat. In attendance were the student leaders of the men's choral group I work for and the officers of the associated alumni association.

We worked all day -- plotting and scheming and dreaming. We covered short-term and long- term plans, concerts here in town and also around the U.S. and abroad, small budget items and bigger ticket items. My own job security came up -- I am a contractor and am hired on a year-to-year basis -- and it appears that I'll be staying busy at work in the next few years.

I should be exhausted, but I had a wonderful, intellectually challenging day and now have loads of projects to tackle this coming week.

Now I just need to put my house to rights after yesterday's festivities.

3 comments:

Linda and her Surroundings said...

There is something so refreshing about a day that fulfills ones intellectual needs (and needless to say job security). When I was on holiday I realised that some of that was lacking for me and made up my mind to rectify it (once I get that ironing done!).

The Guider said...

That does explain why you were online so early.

Josie said...

And while that sounds tiring just reading it, it also sounds very fulfilling.
Congrats on the guaranteed work for the next couple of years doing something you obviously love.