Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday morning

Monday mornings can be tough, even for a morning person such as myself.

Today, we faced the week by having chocolate milk with breakfast and listening to Bach's Brandenburg Concertos as we packed lunches, got dressed, and prepared for school and work. The music helped perk us up and get our brains rebooted.

The girls complained mightily about the cold -- 48 degrees -- as we walked to school this morning. Surprisingly, no one actually froze to death.

Time to go to work...

6 comments:

Flutterby said...

"No one froze to death" LOLOL... I hope you didn't forget to remind them that when you were their ages you walked to school 5 miles in knee deep snow. Barefoot.

Jenny from Chicago said...

Name: Jen check
Husband:yes check
Nine-year-old: check
Seven-year-old: check
Awesome blog: check, check

If you had a three-year-old and lived in Chicago you'd be me.

Kristin said...

48?? Holy Sh*t!! I'm cold just reading those numberes...

Linda and her Surroundings said...

What a nice combination - chocolate milk and Bach. I am surprised you went to work with that start to the day.

MizMell said...

Chilly indeed! I woke at 3:30, freezing to death because I forgot to close windows when I went to bed.

Josie said...

Ok - so it was the same temp there Mon as here. I contemplated closed toe shoes for the first time since April :(

Chocolate milk on the cereal - you are an awesome mom.