Saturday, September 22, 2007

I love these

Check out this website for Sweet Felt Goods. I just love those blankets! In fact, I'm somewhat obsessed by them, especially since I've been planning to make a new quilt for Pete's and my bedroom. The creamy white one is gorgeous, but I also love the one with all the blues. I'm seriously thinking about going to Goodwill and the Salvation Army stores, buying a bunch of wool sweaters, felting them, and making my very own felted wool quilt. Can you just imagine how warm these blankets are?

Yes, yes, I know it's a lot of work, but I could totally make one of those and I love the challenge. When you factor in my time and the materials, it probably would end up costing almost as much as what the ones on the website cost. But! I would have done it my very ownself. And how cool would that be?

Have any of you ever seen a blanket like this in real life?

4 comments:

blackbird said...

I haven't seen one in real life - but I'd love to...I'm not a crafter, but I have the sweaters (I think).
The problem is: the blankets never seem to be nicely finished (on line) so I'd be scared to order one.

(yeah, that's what I'm telling myself about not ordering a $300 blanket!)

The Hotfessional said...

Oooooh, prettiness and warmth.

I haven't seen one either, but I go into freeze mode about this time of year - not to thaw until mid-June, so they're intriguing. And I love your idea of making one yourself.

MizMell said...

One of these days--in this lifetime--I am going to make a quilt. I promise.

But wool? No. I don't think so. The best quilt I ever owned was made from fine wale corduroy and so soft and warm. One of the girls took it home with them after a visit. (I'm a pushover.)

Jennifer said...

All: I actually have a wool sweater that I'm going to experiment with soon, hopefully this week if I can find the time. If it works, I'm going to the thrift shop to get other sweaters. I already even know what I want.