Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bliss

We have had a marvelous weekend. All play, no work and that sort of thing. The best way to tell you about it is to show you.

SATURDAY

Graceful rode in the morning:


And had soccer in the afternoon:


Elegant went to a gymnastics birthday party, then came home and blew bubbles:


My nephew Micah came for a visit while his parents went out:


There was much spoiling.


SUNDAY

We went to an orchard in the morning with friends.

First, we fortified ourselves with apple donuts:


Then, we checked out the pumpkins (and then forgot to buy one):


We bought loads of apples and came home.

Pete went to the grocery store -- my hero! -- and stocked up on all the basics, plus picked up short ribs for dinner tonight.

I baked bread for dinner. I also chopped apples and have applesauce simmering on the stove. Our house smells like bread and cinnamon and maple syrup. And we are having apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert tonight.

I took a nap.

There was much playing and relaxing this afternoon, as well as more bubbles:


It has been a great weekend.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds heavenly... especially after the week you had.

Wish I could say the say about my weekend.

The Guider said...

That sounds like a fantastic weekend and I am glad you had a great one.

Linda and her Surroundings said...

I love it when weekends just seem perfect without too much effort.

Happy Working Mom said...

Wow, what a great weekend! I actually made an apple dessert on Sunday as well. I hope we can get to an orchard this next week to get more apples!

The Hotfessional said...

Don't you just love the Fall?

Yummy - apples and donuts.