Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sneak peeks

I have to say that it's not a good thing to start the day with only four hours sleep. I've had my normal amount of Mommy Caffeine and it's just not enough today. I may have to drink enough that I'm actually levitating, if I'm to get through the day with my sanity intact.

There are four good reasons why I stayed up too late last night:
  1. I have a cold and lying down makes me feel worse.
  2. Pete is out of town, so there's no one to keep me company in my misery. Luckily, he'll be home tonight. (At this point I feel too crappy to welcome him home properly, no matter how happy I am that he's back.) (Wait a moment, he did jaunt off for three days while I stayed home and solo-parented, so fuck it, he doesn't get a hero's welcome.)
  3. I had a project I was supposed to finish for work. It took me longer than I anticipated, because I also spent some time emailing back and forth with Josie.
  4. I was working on several different upcoming blog entries, instead of working on the aforementioned work thingy.
So really, I'm mostly to blame for my own exhaustion.

It was while I was emailing Josie about one of those blog entries that I realized just how far in advance I've written. I don't have anything planned for tomorrow, but I have three entries planned for next week and two for beyond that, including one for more than three weeks from now.

So, some sneak peeks that hopefully will pique your interest and not send you running to someone else's blog in the next month:
  • Elegant's birthday is on Tuesday and I'll be talking about her wild 'n' crazy youth. Oh wait, that's now. Oh well, there will definitely be some photos, some funny stories, and only a little bit of sentimental mom stuff.
  • Pete's birthday is the next day. I haven't fully decided how to laud/embarrass him, but I have been scanning old photos into the computer lately...
  • Our anniversary is on Friday, at which point you can see a photo of me in a dress, which is rare enough that it should be recorded, but it's a dress with sleeves poofy enough to be hot air balloons. I shit you not. What can I say, it was the early '90s and Laura Ashley was still in style.
  • More ruminations of the Shoe Whore.
  • The lottery and what I'd do if I won Big Money.
  • Possibly, an open letter to mothers-in-law and some suggestions for maintaining good relationships with the wives of their sons. This wouldn't be personal, would it? Oh no, of course not.
  • And, looking ahead 24 days, not that anyone is counting in this house, Graceful's birthday and what it means to be nine years old and on the cusp of teenage-dom. Again, humor and photos, not all sentimental mushy gushy stuff.
So, that's the end of the sneak peeks. Off to my regularly scheduled job.

2 comments:

Josie said...

Is it wrong how badly I am looking forward to seeing the puffy sleeved dress?

Linda and her Surroundings said...

Puffy sleeves. Hmmm. Well, fashion has had its moments - unfortunately someone always seems to have a camera ready to capture when that moment happens!! (usually wedding days and engagements).