Monday, August 27, 2007

And so it begins

We had heard that third grade is the year that things get a bit tougher. More homework, more tests, and more general responsibility for the students. Today, the fourth day of school, Graceful has homework: read for 30 minutes, study spelling words. Easy enough.

Here's the best part: The third graders were given planners in which they will write their assignments every day. The teacher checks the students' planners to make sure the correct homework was recorded. After Graceful finishes her homework, I'm supposed to verify that she did it and then initial the appropriate spot. As a person who starts each week with a 'to do' list that is broken down by day, this warms my anal retentive heart.

3 comments:

Aims said...

I totally hear you. I write lists of lists that I have to write. I also write tasks on the list that I have already done, just so I can cross it out.

Josie said...

It's wonderful isn't it?
WB's school brought that in when he was in Grade 4. They still give them out every year, only the past 4 (9 - 12) he's been responsible for everything. But it taught him - somtimes the hard way - to write things down and plan. Love it :)

kristi said...

I love that! Organized (anal retentive, whatever) teachers ROCK!!