Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday madness

Have you ever had one of those days where it seems like your 'to do' list is just too long?

Wait, of course you have. We all have.

Today is one of those days and this week is one of those weeks.

This morning, the girls and I left the house, not to return for several hours.

Elegant had her first occupational therapy session to work on her writing grip and related dexterity issues. That was an hour right there.

(Oh, and have I mentioned that our insurance company refuses to cover Elegant's OT? They say it's not necessary, yet the school told us it is and we agree. So we'll be paying for at least eight sessions with our very own cashola. Sucks.)

Afterward, we swung by the library, where Graceful tried hard to put as many books as possible into her backpack. Elegant was more restrained but still managed to get an armload.

Then I took Graceful to meet a friend at the friend's neighborhood pool, where we ran into a lot of people we know. I had already packed her lunch and snacks and she had taken care of her towel and swimsuit, so that was more stuff to remember earlier this morning before I was fully caffeinated.

(And by the way, Graceful has gotten the most adorable scattering of tiny freckles across the bridge of her nose and cheekbones. I'll have to take some pictures because she's just so cute.)

And then -- because of course we weren't done yet -- Elegant and I went to get lunch at her favorite place, Raising Cane's, which she thinks is haute cuisine and which was my bribe to keep her from fussing about why she isn't swimming this afternoon. As she said happily after lunch, "These are the best chicken strips in the universe that I've ever eaten."

The lunch break was followed by a stop at the local teachers' store to get new grips for Elegant's pencils and some workbooks to practice writing. (Yes, the occupational therapist gave us homework.) It was hard work deciding exactly which were the best colors to choose, but Elegant ultimately went with purple, blue, and green grips.

After that, we went to Sam's Club, where we picked up only a couple of things and then got the hell out of there, because people we all know how much I hate that place.

We're home now and I really need a nap, but my boss is calling in a moment for our weekly phone meeting. After that, I'm sure I'll have plenty of new projects for work.

I must say, I'm really wishing someone would enforce 9:00 bedtimes for parents.

3 comments:

Lori Anderson Designs said...

Ugh on the OT -- out of pocket, yikes. Around here that's $100 a session, and I have a feeling Zack will need the writing help, too.

Flutterby said...

BRAVO on your ability to just *run into Sam's for a couple things*. I have not yet managed to develop that particular talent. I go in for one or two things.. and then I see all these things and it's *oh yeah we could use that..* or *OH! They were out of this last time I was in here and even though we don't neeeed it now I'll buy it anyway 'cause at some point we're going to need 487 rolls of that particular toilet paper*.

Josie said...

"The best chicken strips in the universe" - love that comment.
I'm guessing a Sam's is like a Price Club up here - I can never leave there without spending $100.00 - it's like an addiction.