Friday, June 22, 2007

Once upon a time, there was a very smart girl...

One thing people notice about Graceful is that her speech is expressive. She has a large vocabulary and uses her words well. Words are her friends. She's a chatterbox -- hmm, where could she have gotten that? -- but not inanely so. Because she's so well-read, she often has some interesting bit of trivia that she would like to share. In short, she's an interesting child with a lot of say and an intelligent way of saying it.

But then again, I could be just a bit biased, so let me offer here a couple of things Graceful has said this week:

Graceful, the other night, when we hadn't tucked her in at the appointed bedtime, came downstairs with her hands on her hips and said, "Once upon a time, [pause], you forgot to tuck me in."

And then yesterday:

Graceful, when I was telling her something I had apparently already told her, "Yeah, you introduced that topic to me already."

No comments: