Tuesday, May 08, 2007

On the other hand...

... I did have a terrific shopping experience at the Habitat for Humanity store today, so that helps mitigate Elegant's tantrums this afternoon.

I found a black leather office chair for only $35. (Yes, it was sanitized and I went over it with Clorox wipes when I got home).

A very cool original oil painting for $30. The frame is butt-ugly, but I'm either going to replace it or paint it another color.

A really awesome contemporary lampshade for $4. I have no idea where I'm going to use it, but I'll figure it out.

Also, our new FLOR rug for the living room was delivered today. It looks awesome.

And, I'm about to get rid of a chair that I've wanted to ditch for years. (Sister-in-law: I'll email you to set up a time I can deliver it to you. Thanks!)
Now, if only our marshmallow sofa would get here.

I think I'll go sit in my living room and admire everything.



1 comment:

Grace Ellen said...

We haven't even heard about the contract we put on the house (and think it's not going to be accepted), but I'm already thinking of where I want to put the chair in that house. Sigh.