Monday, April 23, 2007

Snippets from the weekend

Some lessons learned this weekend:
  • Roses have thorns. And those thorns? They hurt when they imbed themselves into my skin. (Yeah, I know. Duh.)
  • That grass allergy I've had since childhood? It hasn't gone away since last year and I spent a lot of time on my hands and knees, weeding and edging. I must remember to wear long pants next time.
  • Six-year-olds will sneak candy from the kitchen. Candy needs to be kept high and out of reach. Better yet, locked in a Houdini-proof safe that can only be opened with my fingerprint and retina scan.
  • Chocolate breath is a helpful clue when interrogating a child accused of dipping into the candy jar.
  • That supposedly simple project to replace our kitchen faucet? Um, yeah, not so simple. About four hours of work and two additional trips to the hardware store were involved. I can't even tell Pete "I told you so" because I only predicted one trip to the store and only three hours of labor.
  • Beautiful days are meant to be enjoyed and savored. Gardening is nice, if a person is feeling energetic. Reading a good book on the screened porch is good for the person who wants to relax. Luckily, I got to do both.

No comments: